Tutorial Creating a 3ds custom theme from scratch with YATA+ v1.1

Would you like a some videos on how to make themes ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set the black theme from the settings and use this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-extdata-dump-and-restore-tool-extra-data-editing.378492/ to dump the theme extdata archive (it's different from every region: 000002cc for JAP 3ds, 000002cd for usa 3ds, 000002ce for eur 3ds).
Also i don't think that it's an image i guess it's generated from the colors in theme settings
I just unchecked "Custom Folder" to keep the default icon instead.

How can I remove the borders around the icons?
hRoULqT.png

Last edited by Margen67,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't understand the guide, I can't use an image or anything. Do I need some kind of file to build off of first? The directions are unclear.
When you read something like this:
"If the top screen texture is static, the image needs to be 512x256px and the drawable area is 412x240px (From top left)."
It means something like this:

Superior.png

412x240 is the image per se, and the rest (up to 512x256) is a "border" you have to add and that will not be visible

Reactions: AdmiralToucan

Wadih

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
When I create the bcstm with Yata it always doubles its length, my wav file is 4:15 and the bcstm is always 8:30, and it exceed 3.3mb, any Idea why?

Wadih

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I don't know if this is out of topic, but I'm trying to replace this theme audio https://3dsthem.es/1415 cuz it's kinda bad in some points and I really love that song/theme, I downloaded a mp3 that i converted to wav and then to bcstm, but the full theme converted into bcstm is 12mb, any idea how the person who did the theme could put the whole 4:15 song into a bcstm that's less than 3.3mb?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if this is out of topic, but I'm trying to replace this theme audio https://3dsthem.es/1415 cuz it's kinda bad in some points and I really love that song/theme, I downloaded a mp3 that i converted to wav and then to bcstm, but the full theme converted into bcstm is 12mb, any idea how the person who did the theme could put the whole 4:15 song into a bcstm that's less than 3.3mb?
by lowering the quality,
First, open audacity and import your audio file, here on the bottom bar you should see on the bottom the "Selection bar", here click with the left mouse button on one of the time text boxes and select the unit "samples" ("campioni" in Italian), it should be the seventh from the top
OSKedvq.png

Now, if you only want to reduce the file size, change the project frequency to 32000 or lower (this will lower the sound quality), then export the song in wav format.

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I seem to have a problem, I cant load the bgm everytime I installed my custom theme. The btscm file is below 3.3 mb. The guide asked me to check the enable bgm flag but the problem is that theres isnt one.

Update: I download the version 1.7 and there is the enable bgm option, it seems that option is missing in version 1.8

Last edited by wewe7144,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I seem to have a problem, I cant load the bgm everytime I installed my custom theme. The btscm file is below 3.3 mb. The guide asked me to check the enable bgm flag but the problem is that theres isnt one.
It seems a glitch due to the scrolling, if you set the theme settings window to full screen the flag will appear

BRSTMBweahea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know that Yata+ can convert wav to cwav, but it needs the the leaked sdk, (which I have) I'm not sure which dll files I need to put in my yata+ directory. Does anyone know which files I need? (I put wave converter 32.exe in there)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc