Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

Silver-Tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a question regarding this. I installed emuNAND 9.5 on a 4.5 3DS XL using the DS profile Gateway files. It seems the classic mode doesn't work when the Gateway card is ejected. Could it be that only the MT card files are compatible with cardless classic mode? and if so, can I still use the same emuNAND(the one created with the Gateway file) when I use the MT card launcher?

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gateway blocked the use of the emunand without the cart inserted to prevent the use of the CIAs from people that doesn't own the cart. otherwise buying the cart would give no advantage.

MT card can't run unsigned CIAs, so they decided to leave the launch of the emunand unlocked even without the cart.

Every kind of emunand is the same, they are a phisical dump of the nand. I successfully launched both gateway emunand and CFW emunand with the MT lauuncher.

The difference is in the patching to the loaded firmware made at runtime by the launcher. With the MT launcher it doesen't matter with kind of emunand you run or what you have installed on this emunand, the custom cia (including devmenu) wont run.

Silver-Tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gateway blocked the use of the emunand without the cart inserted to prevent the use of the CIAs from people that doesn't own the cart. otherwise buying the cart would give no advantage.

MT card can't run unsigned CIAs, so they decided to leave the launch of the emunand unlocked even without the cart.

Every kind of emunand is the same, they are a phisical dump of the nand. I successfully launched both gateway emunand and CFW emunand with the MT lauuncher.

The difference is in the patching to the loaded firmware made at runtime by the launcher. With the MT launcher it doesen't matter with kind of emunand you run or what you have installed on this emunand, the custom cia (including devmenu) wont run.

thanks, that really clarified a lot of things for me. Will I at least be able to boot into classic mode with the MT launcher? Because without it, I can't even run normal cardrigdes without updating sysNAND.

herocis23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I never used any MT software, only Gateway. But i'm still able to use emuNAND and CFW. I can't use Gateway mode though, but i can use Clasic mode.
The only thing that doesn't work is upgrading my emuNAND to 9.5. It does update, but when I start emuNAND again there's only a black screen.
Does anybody know how I can update my emuNAND succesfully?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But we also want to make a few observations:
* We have noticed that some recent games have started to use features only present on System Firmware 7.x or higher.
Firmware spoofing no longer works for these games, and emunand is currently required for these games to run.
* Classic mode will only boot emunand 8.x or higher if you have a genuine Gateway card inserted. You can still continue without, but
support for emunand 8.x or higher will not work.
from here : http://www.gateway-3ds.com/private-beta-2-3b/

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  1. Now, once you’ve gotten into CFW, you’ll need your 3DS’ IP Address. You can use the tool you downloaded earlier (the network scanner) to find the devices from Nintendo. Note the IP (usually looks like 192.168.1.1xx)
  2. Edit the run.bat file in the Palantine CIA folder. Replace the DevMenu_2x.cia part with the name of your CIA, and the IPTOMODIFY with your IP.
  3. Code:
    installcia IPTOMODIFY 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  4. Code:
    installcia 192.168.1.155 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  5. Now execute run.bat by double clicking it. It should return a result-code of 0.
    • If you get a failed to connect, make sure the IP is correct and the 3DS is connected to the Internet.
    • If there’s another return code, try steps 8 and onward again.

This last part is doable in NTR CFW for install cia like devmenu or savedatafiler??

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  1. Now, once you’ve gotten into CFW, you’ll need your 3DS’ IP Address. You can use the tool you downloaded earlier (the network scanner) to find the devices from Nintendo. Note the IP (usually looks like 192.168.1.1xx)
  2. Edit the run.bat file in the Palantine CIA folder. Replace the DevMenu_2x.cia part with the name of your CIA, and the IPTOMODIFY with your IP.
  3. Code:
    installcia IPTOMODIFY 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  4. Code:
    installcia 192.168.1.155 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  5. Now execute run.bat by double clicking it. It should return a result-code of 0.
    • If you get a failed to connect, make sure the IP is correct and the 3DS is connected to the Internet.
    • If there’s another return code, try steps 8 and onward again.
This last part is doable in NTR CFW for install cia like devmenu or savedatafiler??

No. NTR CFW is a mod of gateway programs, what you quoted refer to a private project CFW stolen and leaked by Govanify.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No. NTR CFW is a mod of gateway programs, what you quoted refer to a private project CFW stolen and leaked by Govanify.

So no way to put cia on NTR CFW? Because is very annoying to swap SD each time i need to import/export saves...

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dont know very much how import/esport of saves works, but maybe you could try my dual emunand setup with NTR CFW and Palantine CFW and linked emunand.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dual emunand? What you mean?
I just use to swap SD with my 9.2 emunand SD, import/export save, turn off 3ds, put NTR CFW sd and go on, and its very boring XD

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After i format emunand, i tried to boot into classic mode and i pressed a on the screen where it said i needed a mtcard and it stays on that screen with the settings music still playing

vingt-2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After i format emunand, i tried to boot into classic mode and i pressed a on the screen where it said i needed a mtcard and it stays on that screen with the settings music still playing

It sometimes crashes I think. Also be sure to press A multiple times like 2-3 times. That's how technical I get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill