Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

Xelnok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to chime in and say that i finally got both cards made and they both work correctly, 4.5 card runs dev menu and .cia files, and 9.4 emunand is working, just downloaded my eshop pokemon y on it and it let me start a new save game.

Although it does take some effort to get it all working its pretty awesome to have both cards up and running, as long as i have my 9.2 sysnand backup with my pokemon save that i can always restore if i want i don't really mind starting pokemon over. If they ever get the exploit working on 9.2 i could transfer my pokemon on the emunand over to the bank, restore my 9.2 sysnand and then transfer the emunand pokemon over from the bank into my original save which would be pretty cool.

Thanks for the guide and all the help,
Xel

sychotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I completely missed where this may be answered, but I haven't been able to find out any information about how new of games can be run this CFW. I read something about not being able to play retail games that require 6.0+ due to save encryption? Does that apply to only retail carts, or any 3DS game released for that firmware and up?

I.E. with this exploit, could I play Majora's Mask 3D when it comes out? (assuming there isn't anything special about the game itself)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sorry if I completely missed where this may be answered, but I haven't been able to find out any information about how new of games can be run this CFW. I read something about not being able to play retail games that require 6.0+ due to save encryption? Does that apply to only retail carts, or any 3DS game released for that firmware and up?

I.E. with this exploit, could I play Majora's Mask 3D when it comes out? (assuming there isn't anything special about the game itself)
no this cfw is very old, pretty sure 6.x+ games don't work and certainly not 7.x encrypted games which majora's mask will certainly be....if you use MT classic mode you can play 6.x save encryption games and 7.x rom encrypted games....but yeah only retail cards......we will have to see if majoras mask works first though, it should, but you never know
Can you install cubic ninja as a CFW and use it to run homebrew?
probably, or you could probably just install .cia packed homebrew

Reactions: sychotix

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i was able, changing the sd, to boot like 2-3 time, but everytime i get this when i try to install devmenu, am i doing it right? i put the devmenu in the same folder..
2015-01-24 02_28_51-Palantine CFW.png

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able, changing the sd, to boot like 2-3 time, but everytime i get this when i try to install devmenu, am i doing it right? i put the devmenu in the same folder..View attachment 14849

You need to double check the steps with the SD Management stuff. A result code that's not 0 shows you didn't do that part right.

blopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do I need the flashcard to boot the emunand everytime? Cuz I'm going to get a flashcard with a friend only to do this once.

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You need to double check the steps with the SD Management stuff. A result code that's not 0 shows you didn't do that part right.

ok, after a few try i have opened the eshop and while it's opening i was able to get the 0, i think it's installed now, but i can't see the gift, i read that i have to download at least a demo, so i switched the sd, on emunand 9.4, now i'm gonna try to download a demo, am i doing it right?

Frozen Wizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I installed 4.5 cfw. After I shutdown my 3ds and open it back, tap the DS profile it freeze with blue screen at top and black screen at bottom. It takes 6-8 times to enter the cfw. Is that normal?

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i follow the tutorial, i used to have the error i paste before, while installing the devmenu, i tryed while i was opening the eshop and it give me the 0 once, but after that nothing, i was stuck in the eshop loading, i rebooted but nothing, no gift box.. so i changed the sd and downloaded a demo from 9.4, from emunand, after that i changed again sd for the 4.5, and followed the step, can please someone check if this is right? my step:

format the emunand from gateway exploit
turn off the 3ds.
take off the sd
i already have done the part of the pc, this: emuNand.bin (and btw, in the turorial i never use this file, why i have to do step 4-5-6?)
copy sd folder from cfw, deleting the launcher.dat and renaming the launcher_gw
put the sd in the 3ds and turn it on
wait for the sd to create the 3ds folder
take off sd card (here should i turn off the 3ds?)
create the dbs folder in the same directory where i see exdata, and inside the folder put import.db or title.db (also here, just one? wich one? why not both?)
then put again the sd in 3ds, going to data management-3ds-software, hit restore (or whateaver it is)
then, here, should i go directly to ds mode or it's better to turn off the 3ds and turn it on again?
and.. everytime i try to boot into cfw, should i do the dbs step?

sorry for my not perfect english and for the long post but as i say i'm smart enough to understand but for some step i need help, without support it's hard..

Xelnok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i follow the tutorial, i used to have the error i paste before, while installing the devmenu, i tryed while i was opening the eshop and it give me the 0 once, but after that nothing, i was stuck in the eshop loading, i rebooted but nothing, no gift box.. so i changed the sd and downloaded a demo from 9.4, from emunand, after that i changed again sd for the 4.5, and followed the step, can please someone check if this is right? my step:

format the emunand from gateway exploit
turn off the 3ds.
take off the sd
i already have done the part of the pc, this: emuNand.bin (and btw, in the turorial i never use this file, why i have to do step 4-5-6?)
copy sd folder from cfw, deleting the launcher.dat and renaming the launcher_gw
put the sd in the 3ds and turn it on
wait for the sd to create the 3ds folder
take off sd card (here should i turn off the 3ds?)
create the dbs folder in the same directory where i see exdata, and inside the folder put import.db or title.db (also here, just one? wich one? why not both?)
then put again the sd in 3ds, going to data management-3ds-software, hit restore (or whateaver it is)
then, here, should i go directly to ds mode or it's better to turn off the 3ds and turn it on again?
and.. everytime i try to boot into cfw, should i do the dbs step?

sorry for my not perfect english and for the long post but as i say i'm smart enough to understand but for some step i need help, without support it's hard..

I found that creating both the title and the import db worked for me, the first few times i did it with just title i got a different result code. Make sure that both of the files are title.db, import.db and not title.db.txt files and just keep on trying. I generally had to get the CFW running at least 5 times before it allowed me to connect which means it would take 15-20 restarts to work. Now that i have it installed it works 80% of the time on the first try if not first almost always the second try.

robod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would assume he means a new save would have to be created (thus restarting the game) in order to use it with different save encryption.

Okay, so I cannot play my original Pokemon AS with emuNAND. My question now:
How can I revert all the exploit, emuNAND, devmenu etc and get my previosly 9.2 OFW? I have a NAND done before downgrading
Thank you guys for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.