Turn back to old gbatemp

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I don't like this new way. When I post it, it loading to post. I never see this like that. Other forum website is simple way. Post it and that it. Not loading post to set the post. I want this website turn back to old. I don't like new look and stuff. It really annoying. Whatever who create this website, I want turn it back to old. Where is perfectly and smooth. No lagging, no ad pop up, and no loading post. It really waste my time because it too much memory for post loading, lagging, and ad pop up. Change it back to old one please. Thank if you do. :D

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only issue is the new Blogs layout but really, it's for the better. People are just too lazy to take advantage of all the benefits of the new layout or to simply learn how to navigate it.

Odds are the speed will be fixed soon enough, mind you v3 is still rather new for us.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
IPB3, the software that GBAtemp is running, is widely regarded as the heaviest piece of forum software out there - and as I'm sure you'll have guessed, tests could not simulate such a large number of users browsing the board.
Give the staff some slack, they know what they're doing. Upgrades like this are never perfect.

In the mean time, why not relax by doing something else slightly more interesting than complaining about Javascript/AJAX-based features. Like it or not they're both used widely everywhere, and you're just gonna have to get used to that.

EDIT: The 502 timeouts are caused by a piece of software that runs the actual requests in the background malfunctioning. Luckily, it usually manages to fix itself, but with hundreds of users refreshing every second the queues get filled up again before the requests can actually be met. Until the upgrade has finally been smoothed over (issues like that are being worked on as far as I've been told), I recommend /not/ refreshing every 30 seconds.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted User

I support the topic starter i was against this from the beginning and this will not change even in some years -.-V

not only does this new GBATemp look bad, it still has lots of bugs and way to much useless stuff that just makes everything slow.

I support the topic starter i was against this from the beginning and this will not change even in some years -.-V

not only does this new GBATemp look bad, it still has lots of bugs and way to much useless stuff that just makes everything slow.

For me the Forum just got unbearable slow !

yeah thats what i was talking about -.-V first no reaction at all than tripple post -.-V
Well, it's a nice new layout, and I LOVE IT!
But.... it's a bit slow on the posting and could do with some bug removal.
EDIT: Posting is unbearably slow.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I like this layout (although I'm using the black themed layout, the rest is all the same), sure, it's slow like hell to post sometimes but that's quite understandable, there's hundreds of people on this forum daily, so it's no wonder the server being slower than normal because of the recent upgrade. Also, to the people complaning other forums don't use this, I've seen several forums that have resorted to the same technology, it's progress..
Here's an example, some people might like the old TV's (the bulky squarish ones), however no matter what you say, the new ones are better (maybe not quality wise, but functions wise), you can watch HD among other things while in the old ones you had a crappy quality compared to it. People often complain about improvements, but humans wouldn't develop if they kept things the way they already were just because they worked just fine.

(Sorry if my post is confusing, I'm too tired atm xP)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
if you want the site to be faster, then you need to accept the ads
the ads provide the revenue, and if everyone accepts the ads and click them enough, we will have enough to afford an extra server to handle the load.
but if everyone hides them, blocks them, cries every time they see a banner, then there's no revenue for the site, there's no money for servers, so the site will just get slower.

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I don't like this new way. When I post it, it loading to post. I never see this like that. Other forum website is simple way. Post it and that it. Not loading post to set the post. I want this website turn back to old. I don't like new look and stuff. It really annoying. Whatever who create this website, I want turn it back to old. Where is perfectly and smooth. No lagging, no ad pop up, and no loading post. It really waste my time because it too much memory for post loading, lagging, and ad pop up. Change it back to old one please. Thank if you do. :D
Well... you have to deal with it.
Why would they want to erase all the hard work they did?
I felt the same way and all... but complaining won't get you anywhere.
You'll eventually get used to it... trust me

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually haven't noticed any slowdown myself.

So, I cant really side with the OP, or anyone having this issue either.

I personally like the new temp. No longer do we have to rely on seperate url to upload pictures, it's now in our profiles! No longer do smilys pop up in a seperate window, now they are part of the posting box. Everything works better for me than it did with the old Temp, so I really dont see any reason or need, to go back myself. Feel free to disagree with me in a polite and gentlemanly manner.

Reactions: 1 person

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but if everyone hides them, blocks them, cries every time they see a banner, then there's no revenue for the site, there's no money for servers, so the site will just get slower.

I take it that the OP opinion and the I got used to the new Gbatemp layout but I block the Ads temper are equally bad LOL

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... you have to deal with it.
Why would they want to erase all the hard work they did?
I felt the same way and all... but complaining won't get you anywhere.
You'll eventually get used to it... trust me

I was been here almost everyday to check update firmware for M3 DS Real under Ymenu. Now I see this new look. What happen to old one?

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Times change, dude. Out with the old, in with the new.

I'm pretty sure most people are having a hard time getting used to the changes, but we just have to live with it. Like others said, reverting back will only throw away all of the hard work that the staff put into this site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans