Turn back to old gbatemp

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I don't like this new way. When I post it, it loading to post. I never see this like that. Other forum website is simple way. Post it and that it. Not loading post to set the post. I want this website turn back to old. I don't like new look and stuff. It really annoying. Whatever who create this website, I want turn it back to old. Where is perfectly and smooth. No lagging, no ad pop up, and no loading post. It really waste my time because it too much memory for post loading, lagging, and ad pop up. Change it back to old one please. Thank if you do. :D

Reactions: 1 person

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's very awkward, especially on a mobile device. Posting in mobile mode is almost impossible, posting in normal mode is literally impossible. It's also a bloated systems hog, runs like crap on my netbook with all its fancy sliding and fading animations and the topic list doesn't display properly in IE, with the topic icons only half showing because the column they're in is too thin.
Posting in mobile mode is only hard if you're using a bad browser, I've posted several times from Dolphin HD, on my Android 2.3.4 phone, as well as from my iPod Touch running iOS4 in Mobile Safari. If it's running "like crap", that is the fault of your web browser; I suggest using Firefox (7 or above), Chrome or Opera. As for Internet Explorer, everything renders fine for me in 9 (which was installed on all Vista/7 machines via a "critical" update)
If you're really having issues with size on a netbook, try forcing a higher resolution.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very awkward, especially on a mobile device. Posting in mobile mode is almost impossible, posting in normal mode is literally impossible. It's also a bloated systems hog, runs like crap on my netbook with all its fancy sliding and fading animations and the topic list doesn't display properly in IE, with the topic icons only half showing because the column they're in is too thin.
Posting in mobile mode is only hard if you're using a bad browser, I've posted several times from Dolphin HD, on my Android

Yes, I actually post from the (awesome) mobile version of GBATemp pretty often. Works perfect for me using Dolphin HD on my Android. Fast and it looks nice, also love how people have their avatar images still!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is not just an appearance, but a completely new forum.
In fact we decided to "keep" the old appearance, that's why the forum use the same color/css/layout instead of making a new theme for the new forum.
We updated the theme to work with the new forum version.

It's old images over the new forum.
You can't have the old forum working at the same time as the new one. it's not the same code/database.

Reactions: 1 person

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mobile devices like a phone, looks awesome, thanks to IPboardMobile.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a big fan of the upgraded board either, but my main complaints are not so much the appearance and navigation. (yeah, it's a bit brighter, and I need to relearn where things are, but I can live with it) as they are annoying features. Among the ones I detest most so far: the floating username/search bar, "Like This" button on every post (I could see per-topic, but per-post? Really?), and the use of AJAX for replying.

If anything, an option to eliminate AJAX (i.e. a "Use legacy reply" in the settings) and an option to disable the floating username/search bar would be appreciated.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
If anything, an option to eliminate AJAX (i.e. a "Use legacy reply" in the settings) and an option to disable the floating username/search bar would be appreciated.
I like the sound of that (bold part) and I would even make it the default behavior...

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changes happen, and you just have to get used to them.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the redesign when it came out, but I got over it and moved on. To ask the administrators to undo all their hard work now is a little bit ridiculous.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Among the ones I detest most so far: the floating username/search bar, "Like This" button on every post (I could see per-topic, but per-post? Really?)

i made a set of filters that remove all this "social bullshit" type of stuff from the website. so far, i got it removing the "like", "blog this", "follow forum/thread", status updater, rss, and a couple other things. I removed the floating username thing, but then I didnt see a way to know if you got a new PM or not, so i brought it back :( .
http://gbatemp.net/topic/310768-adblock-filters-for-the-new-layout/

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As for Internet Explorer, everything renders fine for me in 9 (which was installed on all Vista/7 machines via a "critical" update)

It was an "optional" update for me on Windows 7.

yeah for me it was optional as well, and after testing IE9 even thaught it seemed faster i went back to 8 in an instand ...

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Among the ones I detest most so far: the floating username/search bar, "Like This" button on every post (I could see per-topic, but per-post? Really?)

i made a set of filters that remove all this "social bullshit" type of stuff from the website. so far, i got it removing the "like", "blog this", "follow forum/thread", status updater, rss, and a couple other things. I removed the floating username thing, but then I didnt see a way to know if you got a new PM or not, so i brought it back :( .
http://gbatemp.net/t...the-new-layout/
Nice! I'll definitely be using some of those :)

Quite a few websites I use have gone "social crazy" in recent months...

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I really like the new site, it's more contemporary, nicer to look at, and it is actually easy to use if you use your brain, have a general click around at all the settings etc.
Just deal with it.
It'll grow on you, people usually hate change...until it gets old...then they moan that it's rubbish - yes it's a vicious cycle ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1