Turn back to old gbatemp

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by bradzx, Oct 20, 2011.

Oct 20, 2011

Turn back to old gbatemp by bradzx at 3:34 PM (3,989 Views / 1 Likes) 76 replies

1. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Ok I don't like this new way. When I post it, it loading to post. I never see this like that. Other forum website is simple way. Post it and that it. Not loading post to set the post. I want this website turn back to old. I don't like new look and stuff. It really annoying. Whatever who create this website, I want turn it back to old. Where is perfectly and smooth. No lagging, no ad pop up, and no loading post. It really waste my time because it too much memory for post loading, lagging, and ad pop up. Change it back to old one please. Thank if you do. :D

1 person likes this.

2. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I hardly understood one word you were saying, but I think I totally agree with it nonetheless.
    New GBATEMP has lost it's scruffy charm... but hey, you know, things always MUST change don't they. If it's not broken, just FIX it anyway!

3. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Please....I dont want see this same thing on facebook. Ok?

4. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Nothing can be gained from moving backwards.
    We didn't change GBAtemp just to confuse people; it was done to incorporate a high number of long overdue upgrades.
    GBAtemp v3 was a good version and served us well for a number of years, but it was flawed in a number of ways.
    These upgrades were necessary, and in time I believe you'll come to like them as many of us already have.

8 people like this.
  5. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    If you don't like the Ads then install a pop up blocker and an Ad Blocker. Simples.

6. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    What I see on Facebook is people crying out for things to go back the way they were every time something changes. You don't want it to be like Facebook? Stop making it like Facebook.

5 people like this.
  7. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    I don't even have any adds.0.0 never saw them I don't have add blocker or whatever.

Maybe it is Opera?

8. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Langin: They show up for people in the newcomers group, and people who aren't logged in.

9. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands

Thanks mister who lives in the wooded wilds! ;D

10. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i didn't like the new look at first but i've got used to it now, it will takes some time.

11. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    I support the topic starter i was against this from the beginning and this will not change even in some years -.-V

not only does this new GBATemp look bad, it still has lots of bugs and way to much useless stuff that just makes everything slow.

I support the topic starter i was against this from the beginning and this will not change even in some years -.-V

not only does this new GBATemp look bad, it still has lots of bugs and way to much useless stuff that just makes everything slow.

For me the Forum just got unbearable slow !

yeah thats what i was talking about -.-V first no reaction at all than tripple post -.-V

12. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    Youkai, why is your post repeating itself? also teh only annoyance i have is the google spellchecker dosn't work at all in quick reply, and the quick reply just make all my text in bold lol

13. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    If you cannot handle the new look you shouldn't be on the site. Logout and come back in six months when most of the bugs are gone.

14. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Oh i just saw a topic in the site discussions that if 1,000,000 people like this, then the mods will change GBAtemp back to the old Version 3.

2 people like this.
  15. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Costy said in another topic (why don't you people search?) that once all the bugs are sorted out, then comes the server performance, etc.

Other than that, the new look is fantastic and you should be back in 2004 where you belong.

3 people like this.
  16. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I don't mind the new GBAtemp. It looks beautiful and the features work really well.
    However, I've never experienced such long load times and frequent 502 errors before the upgrade.

Provide a time machine and I'll gladly take it back to 2004.

17. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    i had just spent and hour refreshing trying to get past a 502 Bad Gateway :(

1 person likes this.
  18. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    I like it, but it is a bit confusing s:

But I wouldn't step back to the old template.

19. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    The old site was lacking in all the bad ways. Now we've upgraded to support the latest technologies and what not and no its not perfect yet, deal. :yay:

Although CERTAIN things could be removed but like I said, the site isn't perfect yet.

20. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    But I am talking about post loading when I post and everything is loading when I check my profile, I notice top right black box loading and it not on firefox loading. It this website loading thing stuff. I don't like website loading thing stuff. I rather normal as other forum website.