Hacking Discussion Turn any RCM payload into "boot.dat" for usage with SX Pro

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. But SX payload already has a payloader and people who bought the pro are probably gona use sx os 99% of the time, so kinda pointless (in my opinion).

If for any reason you would like to skip sx OS it s a really good tool. If one day sx is becomes abandonware (like gateway) and becomes very detectable or unable to boot newer payloads you could give a good use to that tool.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If for any reason you would like to skip sx OS it s a really good tool. If one day sx is becomes abandonware (like gateway) and becomes very detectable or unable to boot newer payloads you could give a good use to that tool.
I am pretty sure that when that time comes, every FW would have coldboot by that.

Reactions: Chizko

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. But SX payload already has a payloader and people who bought the pro are probably gona use sx os 99% of the time, so kinda pointless (in my opinion).

SX OS doesn't offer options like Hekate though - NAND backup, Log Clearing, ect. I was waiting for something just like this since SX OS doesn't have these options built in yet.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
SX OS doesn't offer options like Hekate though - NAND backup, Log Clearing, ect. I was waiting for something just like this since SX OS doesn't have these options built in yet.
But being able to run any payload from SD (payloader in SX payload) is much better than replacing the file each time you want different payload.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But being able to run any payload from SD (payloader in SX payload) is much better than replacing the file each time you want different payload.

True, I forgot you need to replace the boot.dat with this method. I haven't looked into launching a different payload through the SX launcher. Is it easy or is there any tutorial available on their site or here for it?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
True, I forgot you need to replace the boot.dat with this method. I haven't looked into launching a different payload through the SX launcher. Is it easy or is there any tutorial available on their site or here for it?
just hold vol+ -> options -> launch external -> pick the one you want -> done. So really easy.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted-351540

This isn't true for me at all though. I bought SX Pro specifically for the dongle and only the dongle. I have SX OS. Haven't booted it once. Haven't even activated it.

Maybe I'm in the minority though, I don't know.

Reactions: XC-3730C

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
This isn't true for me at all though. I bought SX Pro specifically for the dongle and only the dongle. I have SX OS. Haven't booted it once. Haven't even activated it.

Maybe I'm in the minority though, I don't know.
definitely a minority. because you can buy like $5 router which can be turned into a dongle.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...