Discussion Turn any RCM payload into "boot.dat" for usage with SX Pro

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by morrison22, Jul 11, 2018.

1. bobdamnit

bobdamnit I rule the Mushroom Kingdom

Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    I wasn't always this way lol. In my teens and 20's I would pirate stuff just because I could, even if I could afford it. It wasn't until after I was in a life changing car accident that forced me to change occupation that I decided to straighten up. I used to be a union sheet metal worker back then but the accident took my ability to walk away from me. So I knuckled down, went to college to become a network security auditor. Not happy with the prospects after I finished college, I decided to start my own company. And to be Frank instead of Bob, I had a few companies stiff me on a bill they owed me for services performed. That's when it hit me like that semi-truck that crashed into me... This must be how developers feel when people pirate their software!

I just couldn't do it anymore, so I stopped.

Edit: sorry for the life story. I just felt it was relevant to what made me quit pirating things.

Last edited by bobdamnit, Jul 11, 2018
    slaphappygamer and Draxzelex like this.
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    *slow clapping*

3. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    My affliction with my form of kleptomania goes way back to the Bung Enterprises, Lik Sang days so I doubt I’ll be cured anytime soon but much respect for the candid post

bobdamnit likes this.
  4. Soluble

Soluble GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 12, 2017
    How good was liksang! Brings back memories!

This will be useful when something better than SXOS eventuates. But for now I'm happy booting into SXOS and launching hekate from there

Last edited by Soluble, Jul 12, 2018
  5. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    when ninty is banning everyone? How is that hard to believe? Count me in this group. I will not touch .xci or whatever else files come around. But if I get banned from using homebrew/linux, then ninty is simply forcing my hand. Ban==pirate since those idiots left no other choice (other than maybe buying physical copies of games that don't require online to play)

6. darkflame808

darkflame808 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2018
    United States
    Wow, haven't heard of those companies in a long time :P I got a Z64 collecting dust in storage but I was the happiest kid on the block when that sucker arrived.

7. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    So how do we use this to convert a payload?

8. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Good memories. Yeah I've still got my old V64 Jr and Mr Flash unit up in the loft.
    V64 Jr made you feel like a boss back then.

9. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    It’s amazing how many people think that just because they don’t have a use for something right now, that nobody will ever have a use for something in the future.

10. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    Justo now, autorcm to keep unburned fuses and hekate to autoboot to non-cfw operating system