Trying to run gba games without expansion pack

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by LcdaceRules, Mar 7, 2013.

1. LcdaceRules
    OP

Newcomer LcdaceRules Newbie

Portugal
    I've been trying to play gba games on my ez flash vi. i found gbaemu4ds, but it wont run pokemon emerald. after long research, i found GBA_ExpLoader_058b0_MX. this version (latest) i noticed i could go through that message that says no expansion slot found and shutsdown the ds. it actually opens a GUI and shows folders and files.
    i tried to run different gba games, in NOR mode and PSRAM mode (whatever they are), but when i lauch the game, it shows the Game Boy blue animation, and freezes here.
    im really looking towards playing pokemon emerald on ds, so any advice is welcom
    sincerely

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    NOR and PSRAM are functions of the Slot-2. You cannot use them or GBAExploader because it PHYSICALLY uses in slot-2.

Your best bet if GBAemu4DS doesn't work is a DSTwo (which has it's own emulator with way higher compatibility) or getting a Slot-2.

I could go into all the technical details, but it won't change the answer...

3. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    Without a slot-2 cart or a DSTwo (or ismart/iplayer) flashcard, your only option is gbaemu4DS.
    Looking at the compatibility list Pocket Monsters Emerald doesnt work at this point.

edit: Rydianinja'd =P

4. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    From what I've heard on this topic, (and assuming you're on a Phat or Lite) your best option is a Slot 2 card. DSTwo would work but certainly not as well. If you're on a DSi, a DSTwo is your only option.