Trying to remember a game

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Petraplexity, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Petraplexity
    OP

Petraplexity Fidget-Spinning Spicy Memelord™

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Over There
    I'm posting here for a friend. He's been looking for this game for 10 or so years. Anyway, here's everything he said about it:

I first played this game around the year 2000. I remember it was a tactical JRPG for the PS1. At the beginning of the game, you can choose to play as either a male or female character. They each had different stories and lore to them. In the game, you fought monsters/phantoms/shadows, which were expendable. There was a cute bunny-looking monster that destroyed chests if you didn't get to them in time. There was also a tube-like monster with a ridiculously long attacking range. In the lore of the game, there was something about making scrolls out of a tree which then summoned monsters. Well, that's all I remember about it. I was a naïve child back then and didn't really bother reading any dialogue or even the title.

Hopefully one of you can find what this is. Thanks in advance!

2. Kayot

Kayot GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2010
    United States
    At first I was thinking Threads of Fate, but then around the middle I was Thinking Eternal Eyes. The part about the tree threw me off completely. Now I'm curious as well.