Not open for further replies.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm not new to the wii hacking scene but tbh I have just totally forgot over time but I found a Super Mario Game in WBFS format I wanted to play, it was the Super Mario Bros Summer Special, looked good and I just wanted a bit of fun!

So I formatted my SD or USB stick to Fat32 put a folder in there named it "wbfs" put the SMBSS ".wbfs" file in that folder and when I plug it into the front of my wii SD port and load the Neogammer R9 B49 Channel up and go to USB or SD I have tested both it wont load the game I keep pressing A but nothing, it wont load the game so please what am I doing wrong?

I have tried it with both a 2GB SD-Card & a 2GB USB Stick both formatted to Fat32 with just the wbfs folder and the .wbfs file in that folder. I have also tried it with Neogammer R9 B54 using the HBC, still the same result. file is 410MB - titled "SMNEYM.wbfs"

Thanks,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think (but I'm not completely sure) you need to make a subfolder in the wbfs folder that's called GAME NAME [GAMEXX], then rename the wbfs file to game.wbfs and put it in that folder. GAMEXX is the internal code the Wii uses for the game. You can also just use WBFS manager, point it to the directory that contains the wbfs file and your external hard drive and let it handle the rest.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think (but I'm not completely sure) you need to make a subfolder in the wbfs folder that's called GAME NAME [GAMEXX], then rename the wbfs file to game.wbfs and put it in that folder. GAMEXX is the internal code the Wii uses for the game. You can also just use WBFS manager, point it to the directory that contains the wbfs file and your external hard drive and let it handle the rest.

Thanks for the reply. :) I was trying to use WBFS Manager 3.0 but it uses ISO's does not recognize .wbfs files or am I doing something wrong with it? when I click on browse to add only rar & iso available?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Use Wii Backup Manager and you're golden, it will set everything up for you and it recognizes ISO, WBFS and even unpacked RAR and ZIP archives. ;)

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Use Wii Backup Manager and you're golden, it will set everything up for you and it recognizes ISO, WBFS and even unpacked RAR and ZIP archives. ;)

Thanks foxi that worked it now says the game but when I load it I just get a black screen the game does not show up so what am I doing wrong now?

Edit: this mario summer special is this one of those that needs converting to the regular NSMB to work is this why it wont work?

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks sorted now I used the wad install of USBLoaderGX then eventually used my USB Stick and worked a treat, thanks guys you can now shut this thread also I now know how to play .wbfs files, rather cool! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-