Hacking Trying to get GC backup .2 to work

Autonomic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

I got the homebrew channel going, installed NeoGamma and got Wii backups working (woo) and decided to move on to GC backups.
So I put the stuff on the SD card, patch the mios and run the backup launcher. It sees that it's Metroid Prime, but pressing any of the buttons makes the screen fuzzy and it says 'Failed to read disc Error 216' or occasionally I'll get a black screen with or without pink lines.

Any ideas?

Pretty sure the disc burnt fine (DVD-R) , but I didn't use. It's a PAL backup, and a PAL wii. Using CIOS rev10 if it matters.
Any help would be appreciated, really want to play those GC classics.

XHolyPuffX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just stayed up all night; so I'm tired as hell.. and overlooked that, haha my bad

You should just use cIOS rev14. It's pretty much the best cIOS to use right now for running backups and stuff.

Also, that error that you're getting does have to do with the disk you burned. You need to either burn it slower or try a different brand. I'm not sure if either of those would make a HUGE difference, but that error comes from the wii not being able to read the disk (obviously).

Autonomic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought it might have something to do with that, but it does say the name of the game when giving picture/region options, so I though the disc would have burned ok. Still, thanks for the response. I'll try burning it slower and upgrading the CIOS and see how it goes.

Also, I was looking at the wiikey sd card adapter here:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3993

Would this let me play GC backups copied to an SD card? What kind of software would I need to launch them? If there's another forum for this; please let me know.

XHolyPuffX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing about playing GC games is that the Wii goes into a completely different mode that basically simulates the gamecube itself. Since the GCN didn't have usb ports or an SD card port, it doesn't allow you to use those features. That's why GCN games cannot be loaded with USB Loaders or anything.

I'm not sure if this is true for hard mods like modchips or not. That's not where my knowledge is so I cannot help out in any way with that stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password