Homebrew trying to clear up my confusion on uninstalling haxchi

WillExis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i installed homebrew a while back, but i kinda lost interest pretty soon after when i couldnt get my emulators working on it. So i stopped using it and now i dont really remember much about the installation. Since the wii shop is gonna go down in a year, I've been hoping to get back into using my wii u. Therefore ive been searching around trying to get things up to date. I want to install tiramisu since its apparently the latest and greatest, so i'm trying to uninstall the old stuff to make sure there's no issues. I think i figured out what to do, but i want clear confirmation on it. Sorry if this is actually something simple and obvious. I somehow lost the sd card i used to install the apps so idk if there was anything on there that would make identifying this stuff easier.

From what i can gather, I'm on version 5.5.3 U and i have normal old haxchi, the one you have to activate each time you power on the console, which is apparently different to the coldboot version. this version i can simply uninstall from data management, correct? unlike the cbhc that you have to take specific steps when uninstalling to prevent a brick. Other places ive asked around i didnt seem to give a concrete answer so i just want to make 100% sure im correct, and not about to destroy my system.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Coldboot installations are what run a risk with Tiramisu. If you have to run Haxchi each time on boot, it's no risk.

You delete Haxchi from system data only, yes.

I wouldn't follow my own course of action, but I had the same setup you did (Haxchi, no cold boot), and I installed Tiramisu alongside it. Had no issues.

I never tried launching Tiramisu, THEN Haxchi, that may do some bad things -- but having both simply co-existing is low threat.

Since then, I set Tiramisu to cold boot and left the Haxchi channel there, kind of benignly doing nothing. I probably should delete it, but just haven't gotten around to it.

WillExis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coldboot installations are what run a risk with Tiramisu. If you have to run Haxchi each time on boot, it's no risk.

You delete Haxchi from system data only, yes.

I wouldn't follow my own course of action, but I had the same setup you did (Haxchi, no cold boot), and I installed Tiramisu alongside it. Had no issues.

I never tried launching Tiramisu, THEN Haxchi, that may do some bad things -- but having both simply co-existing is low threat.

Since then, I set Tiramisu to cold boot and left the Haxchi channel there, kind of benignly doing nothing. I probably should delete it, but just haven't gotten around to it.
Perfect! Thank you very much.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So i installed homebrew a while back, but i kinda lost interest pretty soon after when i couldnt get my emulators working on it. So i stopped using it and now i dont really remember much about the installation. Since the wii shop is gonna go down in a year, I've been hoping to get back into using my wii u. Therefore ive been searching around trying to get things up to date. I want to install tiramisu since its apparently the latest and greatest, so i'm trying to uninstall the old stuff to make sure there's no issues. I think i figured out what to do, but i want clear confirmation on it. Sorry if this is actually something simple and obvious. I somehow lost the sd card i used to install the apps so idk if there was anything on there that would make identifying this stuff easier.

From what i can gather, I'm on version 5.5.3 U and i have normal old haxchi, the one you have to activate each time you power on the console, which is apparently different to the coldboot version. this version i can simply uninstall from data management, correct? unlike the cbhc that you have to take specific steps when uninstalling to prevent a brick. Other places ive asked around i didnt seem to give a concrete answer so i just want to make 100% sure im correct, and not about to destroy my system.
If you have normal Haxchi, you can safely keep it installed. Always good to have an easy way into HBL and using button combinations in haxchi.ini to load directly into the homebrew of your choice is useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative