• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump now in hospital

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pretty sure lots of people wished harm on Hitler.
Yeah, this again is a symptom of impotence and frustration. Wishing harm to anybody, even Hitler, won't do you or anybody any good. Back in the day it would have been great to just coldly and calmly find a way to remove him from power as fast as possible so that he stopped doing harm... but then would just removing Hitler have ended the systemic antisemitism in Europe? Did it even end? Hmmmm.... a worry for another post.

Sure frustration is what comes when you fail to do that, e.g. stopping the harm.

D

Deleted User

So now Trump is Hitler. I don't remember the gas chambers, killing Jews or any of that. But maybe I missed it.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
He didn't shut down the country in February like he should have, believing it was a hoax. We could have been done with Covid by now if he hadn't downplayed the severity of this virus. Now he caught the hoax virus, and he gets to swallow a hot dose of irony. I would like to get back to a normal maskless life as soon as possible, but it won't be possible any time soon with him in charge. If he does, he can't be re-elected, so it's a win/win.

And for the record, I'm not Liberal OR Democrat. I'm not Republican either. Both have good and bad ideas, but I guess I'm a bit more left-leaning.
TRUMP will get the best medical treatments available, highly probable he will survive but considering his current physical conditions, probably won't able to walk or run as he was before. GUESS EVERYONE EXPECTS WHEN HE RETURNS, he will certainly shit it on like:

See this is nothing but a Chinese flu....even Kung-flu is never able to beat me so neither BIDEN, etc.etc.....

Last edited by leon315,
Reactions: Jayro

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
its an account that seems to be following the "alt-right playbook".

A few people take politics too seriously like its their identity and get radicalized. I assume its a few minority as the majority of people don't have time for politics other then a few basic stuff, they are too busy working a job taking care of their kids to get into this stuff. Its really the people that have no life that go to deep into it that get radicalized.

You can agree with right wing points or left wing points. But some people take it too seriously. Get a life and you won't have time for political nonsense.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
I am British so don't care much but Trump is the first president in america to not get into a war or bomb a middle east country.

That makes him far better than obama and bush in my book.

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you comparing the two?
My point was to present an extreme case to see where the lines are drawn between okay and not okay to wish harm.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't believe in revenge or torture, but I do believe the world would be a better place if certain people expired. Trump won't redeem himself or improve as a person. As long as he is alive, he will continue to contribute to the suffering and deaths of many people. Ideally he should be imprisoned and rendered harmless, but we don't live in an ideal world. Corruption prevented him from being removed from power. Maybe you can change my mind, but this is becoming off-topic.

Last edited by IncredulousP,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I am British so don't care much but Trump is the first president in america to not get into a war or bomb a middle east country.

He's also the first president to not own a dog... that should tell you everything you need to know about him, right there.

Reactions: TheCasualties

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

?
https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/projects/drone-war/yemen
https://www.ft.com/content/6346dd78-322d-11ea-9703-eea0cae3f0de
Now whether such things were justified, good or justifiable is a different matter but if we are talking in absolutes/did-did not fling some explosives around then most definitively did, and not even as a hangover from the last guy to be wrapped up.

We may also see one in Kenya before too long https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e-strikes-kenya-that-might-increase-violence/
Though that is not the middle east so I guess that does not count.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just tradition mostly, but it's also a trust factor. People who don't like dogs are typically terrible people.
I like pets, but I don't like owning them because it hurts too much when they die.

Maybe he is a real softy.

Also this "test" doesn't really make sense since Hitler loved dogs.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's just tradition mostly, but it's also a trust factor. People who don't like dogs are typically terrible people.
SAYS A CAT PERSON muhauahuahuha XD
And the guy above was right: Hitler also had dogs, but doesn't make him a good guy.
I love pandas, but it doesn't make me furry!

Last edited by leon315,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
SAYS A CAT PERSON muhauahuahuha XD
The only reason I have 2 cats and no dog is because this new apartment I'm in only allows 2 pets minimum. And apartment life isn't fair to the dog, so I'll just wait until we get a house before we get a dog.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system