• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump Impeachment: Public Hearings Have Begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
People who make claims about "Trump's corruption" don't seem to really recognize the history of American politics. I know that some of you aren't a fan of it, but his administration is relatively tougher on pedophile-related crime and I personally adore that. Remember when Obama promised transparency and hope? I really wonder if people believed that, or if it was just the TV. It seemed like Obama was ending the political season with a very dull finale, and American politics needed someone like Trump to regenerate interest.

Reactions: CORE and FGFlann
D

Deleted User

I've come to conclusion that most people using the terms right and left don't really understand what they represent.
It doesn't really matter, either way. One side blames the other and vice-versa.

Politics gain supporters, but they don't necessarily care about them, rather their support (voting/money).

Reactions: CORE and FGFlann

Marcsoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh. No. It failed in Senate. It did not fail in house. Still impeached. FACT. The partisan acquittal was every bit as partisan as you claim the accusations were. See how that works? Didn't think so.

The ONLY thing I will EVER agree with you on, is that it was a complete waste of time and resources. But only because they were incredibly foolish to think for one second that Senate was going to also impeach. The rest of what you have to say is complete far right, fascist, bullshit. But that's nothing new. Everyone here just expects it out of you at this point. Laughable.

Technically, the acquittal was not as partisan as the impeachment. Multiple republicans explicitly and publicly stated that they believed he was guilty of the crimes, but decided it wasn't grounds for removal from office. Joni Ernst, Lamar Alexander, Roger Wicker, Mitt Romney, Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey, Rob Portman, Lisa Murkowski, and many more. Go google each one of those senators and their views on Trump's actions as I'm too lazy to go grab links (but not too lazy to type up a response apparently...) The official position of the White House was "He did it. so what? It's not impeachable. The president can do anything including murder and he's immune from everything."

As Mitt Romney was the only republican with a spine, there was technically more republican support in favor of removal from office than there was in the house for impeaching him. The house had 0.7% of democrats breaking ranks to vote against impeachment. The senate had 1% of republicans breaking ranks to vote in favor of removal.

I agree with you on everything EXCEPT that it was a waste of time and resources. It accomplished a lot more than what would be happening in the senate without impeachment, with Moscow Mitch blocking essentially every bill from the house, even those with bipartisan support. Would you rather the senate sit around and do absolutely nothing while Mcconnell sucks off Trump with every bipartisan bill he refuses to bring to the senate floor, or would you want the evidence of Trump's crimes out in the public, with the knowledge that with every fact that comes out, Trump gets just a little more pissed and throws another tantrum?
I know I'm willing to have my tax dollars spent on pissing him off rofl

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't really matter, either way. One side blames the other and vice-versa.

Politics gain supporters, but they don't necessarily care about them, rather their support (voting/money).
I sort of agree. There are genuine politicians that exist, but party politics is generally cancer.

One day I'm going to put this in a frame, title it "Politics" and submit it to the tate modern.

1WU8ron.jpg

Reactions: CORE

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you rather the senate sit around and do absolutely nothing while Mcconnell sucks off Trump with every bipartisan bill he refuses to bring to the senate floor, or would you want the evidence of Trump's crimes out in the public, with the knowledge that with every fact that comes out, Trump gets just a little more pissed and throws another tantrum?l

Yet in doing so, do you think his base feels one single bit differently? Do you think they now believe all of the accusations against Trump? Do you honestly think it has changed ANYTHING for either them or for Dems? Nothing has changed. Back at square one. Waste of time. The evidence of his crimes out in public is only evidence to those that believe he is guilty. No ones minds are being changed here, and if they are, it's a VERY small amount of people. I could agree with you if suddenly a large portion of his base started changing their mind, but the fact is that the majority of them are EXACTLY like mororvan. So yes, like I said. A waste of time.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem you are having is that the evidence isn't evidence. They are accusations with the promise of evidence. Unfortunately the democratic party considered a show trial in time for election season more important than actually gathering tangible evidence and doing the job properly.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who make claims about "Trump's corruption" don't seem to really recognize the history of American politics. I know that some of you aren't a fan of it, but his administration is relatively tougher on pedophile-related crime and I personally adore that. Remember when Obama promised transparency and hope? I really wonder if people believed that, or if it was just the TV. It seemed like Obama was ending the political season with a very dull finale, and American politics needed someone like Trump to regenerate interest.

Okay buddy. LOLOL!!!! And there are more where these came from. Let's not forget how he said he would be dating her if she were not his daughter, saying it's okay to call her a piece of ass, pictures of him with Epstein & a convicted pedophile, etc. etc. But whatever floats your boat I guess. I mean, there's just SO much proof out there of what an outstanding great & morally sound guy he is. Right?

5b0336d21ae6625f008b47d6.jpg 161012102650-ivanka-sits-on-trump-large-169.jpg Donald-Trump-and-Ivanka-in-a-photograph-640x422.png images.jpg imrs.php.jpg republican-presidential-candidate-donald-trump-is-greeted-news-photo-642429174-1555088080.jpg

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, the acquittal was not as partisan as the impeachment. Multiple republicans explicitly and publicly stated that they believed he was guilty of the crimes, but decided it wasn't grounds for removal from office.

This is what much of the Senate said about Clinton as well, i.e. yes he committed perjury, no doubt. But it wasn't an egregious case sufficient to warrant removing him from office, i.e. not a 'high crime' I guess. Quite a few Republicans and some Democrats expressed this position wrt: Clinton, IIRC.

I don't see a proven impeachable offense with Trump. Maybe some do, but I don't know how you get there without some long stretch inferences and relying on hearsay evidence, which shouldn't be part of the record.

And, it's over now anyway. The Democrats in the House knew this would be the end when they started, so you can blame them for your stress and angst if it still bothers you.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem you are having is that the evidence isn't evidence

Jesus. Hypocrite much? I can every bit as easily say you're the one with the "problem" by denying crystal clear evidence as "fake news" or whatever you'd like to call it. Shit man, let's forget about everything else for a second and focus on obstruction alone. If you or anyone else believes for a single second that he is NOT guilty of obstruction left and right... there is no hope for you at all. None. Lost cause and I'm wasting my time on you.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
relying on hearsay evidence

You mean like the people that testified that were actually listening in on the call as it took place? Just because your idiot "President" claims it was all 3rd party hearsay, doesn't make it so. Facts are facts, and the entire "hearsay" thing is a complete load of bullshit. It's a downright LIE.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Hypocrite?" I'm starting to think you don't understand what words mean.

Quite the opposite. If I need to point out exactly how you are being hypocritical, then the meaning of the term is completely lost on you. Not me. Nice deflection attempt though, but it's expected from you lot. It's all you can ever do.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, pointing it out would be considered evidence, therefore proving your accusation. I don't wish to be smug, but it's the same problem.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me spell it out my BIGGEST FEAR is Civil war2 breaking out when trump does leave mind you for anyone who even thinks about doing so would be charged with high treason and that carries a mandatory death sentance so if you value your lives and trump does call for a treasonous act to rebel don't fall for it unless your willing to be put to death

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope I can assuage your fear by pointing out that the odds of armed conflict breaking out because of Trump losing an election are remote.

Reactions: CORE

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@D34DL1N3R , it's OVER. You get it?? OVER.

Best of luck in November. With the candidates the Democrats have available for nomination, you're gonna need it.
Except you're pretending to know something about me. I didn't vote for Obama, I didn't vote for Hillary, and I didn't vote for Trump. I am also not voting for a single one of the Dems in the running because I don't like a single one of them. You also seem to think there will be some sort of tears if he is re-elected. Honestly I don't care. Four more years then he's out and there's nothing you can do about it. Then we will see where the tears come from.

So whatever. Keep acting like you know me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It would have been fun to see the corrupt Bidens called to answered for their crimes

Oh please. What is stopping them from making them "answer for their crimes"? I'll tell you what is stopping them. A big fat nothing burger. Why is it that the Trumpers scream up and down about how the evidence against him is not evidence at all,l yet all of the evidence against Biden is clear, cut, and dry? Keep trying. STILL doing it wrong. STILL the largest group of pathological hypocrites on the face of the planet.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest, I thought that Biden being thrown under the bus by his own party for the sake of nearly identical accusations was delicious irony.

Reactions: tabzer and CORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...