• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump Impeachment: Public Hearings Have Begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Booming Economy AND due to Trump? Both in the same sentence? HAHA!!! You're just flat out one of the most incredibly STUPID people on the face of the planet. Is that you Donald?
Yeah, it's me Donald J Trump. When I'm not in Twitter, I come to the greatest, most huuuugest gaming related website on the net to trigger pieces of Schiff like you.
Other than that, you must be getting your info about the economy from MSDNC or you follow the democrat debates a little too closely where you have began to lose touch with reality. Maybe get out of your mom's basement (or attic) and go out and see how great the economy is for yourself.

Reactions: tabzer and Hanafuda

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The red circle on each graph approximately marks the time of the election, 2016.

Obviously stock market numbers aren't the only measure of the economy (though, they are the standard ones used by the media every day). But these 5 year graphs definitely DO show a marked change in growth rate after Trump took office.

Lmao. Okay. Sure. Whatever. You said it yourself. Do you think most American's judge the economy by what Wall Street says? Get fucking real, bub. Smh. You DO realize right, that myself and anyone else can also post links to "proof" that those numbers mean jack shit? Why don't you just go away? No one outside of maybe 2 or three people here even like you. You're the laughing joke around here. You're pretty much hated. I can't see you having many friends outside of the internet.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
C'mon, this level of hostility isn't necessary. Especially for us mere mortals. Presidents come and go and it's not worth working yourself up into a frothing lather.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao. Okay. Sure. Whatever. You said it yourself. Do you think most American's judge the economy by what Wall Street says? Get fucking real, bub. Smh. You DO realize right, that myself and anyone else can also post links to "proof" that those numbers mean jack shit? Why don't you just go away? No one outside of maybe 2 or three people here even like you. You're the laughing joke around here. You're pretty much hated. I can't see you having many friends outside of the internet.

"Most Americans" have only their personal, subjective experience to go by, which isn't reliable or meaningful for anyone else. Stock market activity, employment numbers, and a few other statistics are the standard measures. The stock markets are booming, already showed that. Unemployment numbers are super good now, best they've been in decades, best they've ever been for certain demographics. But unemployment is not a super-reliable statistic since it only counts the willing workforce, and excludes those who aren't looking for work, so I didn't cite those numbers to show 'it's a strong economy.'

I'll ignore the rest of your post, don't know if others will though. Not my problem.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I cannot get on board with this notion at all. That there would be a school of thought teaching the idea of subjective truth leaves me bewildered. At best I'd consider it a misnomer, at worst an excuse for spin. In journalism this is especially worrying.
https://www.researchgate.net/post/Does_objective_truth_exist
;)

Both are true.

There is objectifiable truth (note - I didn't call it objective ;) ).
And there are many subjective truths.

(That we both call them truth, might be a language issue. ;))

All the time, at the same time.

Here is how 'you learn it as a journalist' (even as a police officer), if you ask any person to tell you 'the truth' about a situation or about a personal conviction - you usually get an emotionally informed recollection of events.

(This issue: https://www.lexipol.com/resources/b...y-impacts-police-use-of-force-investigations/ (What is memory. In policework.) Just the first result I found on google.)

So thats most of the truth thats out there.

We are trying to get to objectifyable truth, mostly through processes (filtering that other truth above). So if you are talking about scientific truth, f.e. it is 'what cannot be refuted' in the light of informed opinion, and open discussion, using very exact language. As viewed through the lense of something called scientific canon.

From a psychology angle the main issue might be, that truth gets formed 'post facto' (after the fact), and humans have all kinds of biases, in forming believes/assessments that help them 'exist'.

If you are talking about 'legal truth' - well we can bring both forms of truth (subjective and objectified) together here using a simple analogy.

Prisons are full of innocent people. (Both in their subjective truths, as well as objectifiably). (Might not always be the same people.)

All that you are promised is a fair trial, not one where the truth comes out, ey? ;)

The notion is everywhere in society, btw. So ask yourself why lawyers are legal, or why there is such a thing as 'the secret of confession'. ;)

If there were one truth, those would be highly amoral concepts. :)

That we feel very strongly, that there is something like THE truth, and that it is out there (Fox Mulder ;) ) is more of an emotional truth ('we feel it is there') and a story telling trope ('this society is just', 'truth prevails').

Also, we have formalized rituals around it. ('Do you swear to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth..')

Mind blown? ;)

Now pursuing truth is still an important and valuable thing for society (its not at all 'useless'), but you should at least have an idea what it is (or what its limits are... ;) ) while you are looking for it. :) (Otherwise Fox Mulder - which also might have its charm, and be important.. ;) )

edit: For easier use in real life. We usually call objectifyable truths - facts. ;)

edit2: To be a little less 'big wordy' - it helps to have an idea, how human minds consistently fail (not as in bad) in doing some stuff, to not always go for highly emotional tropes (or when to go for them while arguing ;) ), and it also helps to know - that you can not be objectively right on most of your convictions. (In society this is f.e. encapsulated in the 'children have to make their own experiences' trope (context creates meaning).)

You can also look at this as a deeply positive thing, because if life were a series of objective truths, progress would be darn hard, and it would be pretty boring. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stock market activity, employment numbers, and a few other statistics are the standard measures. The stock markets are booming, already showed that. Unemployment numbers are super good now, best they've been in decades, best they've ever been for certain demographics. But unemployment is not a super-reliable statistic since it only counts the willing workforce, and excludes those who aren't looking for work, so I didn't cite those numbers to show 'it's a strong economy.'.

The problem with you and the rest of the Trump losers is that you think all of your graphs, numbers, links, websites, facts, etc etc are all factual... while everyone else's are everything but. You believe a reality tv star who tells you moon is part of mars & that the noise from wind turbines causes ear cancer... over doctors, teachers, highly decorated military personnel, scholars, professors, etc. jokes on you sonny boy. As I've pointed out perfectly clear before. I can play the EXACT same game. I can post links, graphs, stats, polls, blah blah blah blah blah blah that would prove the oppositions to be wrong. But you wouldn't believe them anyway. You would only say yours are right and mine are wrong.

You just don't get it & never will.

Reactions: tabzer

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with you and the rest of the Trump losers is that you think all of your graphs, numbers, links, websites, facts, etc etc are all factual... while everyone else's are everything but. You believe a reality tv star who tells you moon is part of mars & that the noise from wind turbines causes ear cancer... over doctors, teachers, highly decorated military personnel, scholars, professors, etc. jokes on you sonny boy. As I've pointed out perfectly clear before. I can play the EXACT same game. I can post links, graphs, stats, polls, blah blah blah blah blah blah that would prove the oppositions to be wrong. But you wouldn't believe them anyway. You would only say yours are right and mine are wrong.

You just don't get it & never will.

Those graphs are straight off CNBC dot com, hotshot. You can go right over there and check it yourself. But you're right, CNBC is probably controlled by Trump and it's all lies. The US economy isn't really booming and there weren't really 225,000 new jobs last month and the price of gas isn't expected to drop under $2 a gal in some places next week ... that is all a fictional constructed reality that doesn't really exist. It's not real life ... it's just what Trump has fooled me into believing is real. Because he's everywhere. He's a reality TV star ignoramus, but he's also a dastardly evil criminal mastermind!

And, I changed my mind about ignoring your last post.

Reactions: tabzer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1