Hardware Trouble with burning Wii ISO's

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm having trouble with playing Wii games on the Wii. I have burned and played a few Wii games successfully but other Wii games I have downloaded I am having trouble with. Really all I want to know is what is the best image burner, what speed do I burn at and what DVD is best to use. Currently I am trying to find out how MagicISO works (I am having no luck though) but recently I have used ImgBurn, Nero and PowerISO. I burned my first game which was New Super Mario Bros. Wii and that worked fine then I downloaded Dead Rising, that worked and my Dad burned a couple of games they worked but I must have downloaded about 20 games now and 3/4 of them have not worked. My Dad burned Dirt 2 onto a DVD+RW, that worked but I burned it onto a DVD+R and that didn't work so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help, Thanks.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ImgBurn is generally accepted as the best program for producing a good backup.
Also, the slowest possible speed generally is your best bet. (1-4 x)
There have been reports of Verbatim, and Tayo Yuiden being the best media to burn as well, however I occasionally burn TDK discs at 4x, and they always seem to work for me.

Don't burn DVD+R discs. The Wii doesn't like them... Switch to DVD-R and you'll likely find better compatability.

Deepfreezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try DVD-R thats the most compatible discs for the wii.

I recommand Verbatim DVD-R.

Use image burn at 4x to burn the isos, or maximum the half of that what the burner is able to.

I gues you use a modchip to play backups right?

EDIT: forposter was faster
biggrin.gif

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kezza825 said:
Hey, I'm having trouble with playing Wii games on the Wii. I have burned and played a few Wii games successfully but other Wii games I have downloaded I am having trouble with. Really all I want to know is what is the best image burner, what speed do I burn at and what DVD is best to use. Currently I am trying to find out how MagicISO works (I am having no luck though) but recently I have used ImgBurn, Nero and PowerISO. I burned my first game which was New Super Mario Bros. Wii and that worked fine then I downloaded Dead Rising, that worked and my Dad burned a couple of games they worked but I must have downloaded about 20 games now and 3/4 of them have not worked. My Dad burned Dirt 2 onto a DVD+RW, that worked but I burned it onto a DVD+R and that didn't work so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help, Thanks.

Is it that hard to work out?!
rolleyes.gif

DVD+RW works and DVD+R doesn't.

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Deepfreezer said:
I gues you use a modchip to play backups right?

No, I soft-modded my Wii.

QUOTE(Hatsu @ Dec 29 2009, 12:50 AM) Is it that hard to work out?!
rolleyes.gif

DVD+RW works and DVD+R doesn't.

Well I didn't mention that I burned Fishing Master onto a DVD+R and that works fine so don't get clever.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Are the disks all from the same pack, or are they different brands? Also the slowest burn speed isn't always the best in terms of burn quality.

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Edhel said:
Are the disks all from the same pack, or are they different brands? Also the slowest burn speed isn't always the best in terms of burn quality.

well I've got thousands of discs lol. I've got DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW. They are all different brands but mostly I use Signalex, I don't really know much about discs but I think my Dad buys cheap discs... not sure though :S

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From the ones that you have burnt and are able to play, took a look at the brand name and try and burn a game using the same brand disk, if you have any left.
I would make a guess and put it down to poor quality dvds.

Fishstalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh this may be deviating from the topic a bit but, where can one download these wii games from? i recently got my wii modchipped and now im looking for a place to download games reliably to burn to dvd. Any suggestions guys? Greatly appreciated. And im not sure if this type of question is allowed here =/. If not then i guess a moderator will remove it! =)

Fishstalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am torrenting >.< but all the sites dont have many games D= theyre missing alot of the ones i want =(. Nuuuuu my harvest moon!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fishstalker said:
i am torrenting >.< but all the sites dont have many games D= theyre missing alot of the ones i want =(. Nuuuuu my harvest moon!

Well you could always go to the store and support the game developer. Asking for isos can get you banned.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast