Hacking Trouble Running Sports Resort

marshcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my Wii softmodded for around a year now and overall it has been a very pleasant experience. I downloaded the image of Wii Sports Resort today and can honestly say that this is the first backup game I have been completely unable to play.

When I straight up burn the image and try to launch with Wiigator 0.3 I get the 002 error, as expected.

However, when I try to remove the 002 error as I normally do I have trouble. I can't open the iso in trucha signer as it freezes when I try to. I can open the iso in Wiiscrubber, and can extract main.dol. When I try to patch main.dol however, I recieve an error message telling me that the 002 code sequence was not found (or something like that).

I also get an error message on my Wii when I tried to used softchip with 002 workaround enabled.

I dropped $20 on Wiimotion plus today and would be rather annoyed if I couldn't use it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off try downloading and using NeoGamma instead of the old launchers. I believe it has settings that will help you get Wii Sports Resort to work. I've never used Neogamma, because once USB loaders came out, I haven't bothered with using dvd-r backups because it seems...well...pointless if you have a good HDD.

Also note that you won't be able to play Wii Sports Resort until you've watched the Wii Motion Plus video contained on the disc. For us USB loader users, we have to use the alt .dol method to watch the video first, or update the Wii's firmware to 4.1 (use Waninkoko's safe updater) to bypass this method. Hope that helped in some way.

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Neogamma instead of your current loader, since it's much better with newer features and better compatability(including Sports Resort).

When in the configuration screen before you load the game, enable 002 fix and use alt. dol from disc. Then watch the video. Once it's over it will go back to the wii menu. Go back to neogamma and turn off alt dol, and it should work from there..

marshcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireFreek said:
Use Neogamma instead of your current loader, since it's much better with newer features and better compatability(including Sports Resort).

When in the configuration screen before you load the game, enable 002 fix and use alt. dol from disc. Then watch the video. Once it's over it will go back to the wii menu. Go back to neogamma and turn off alt dol, and it should work from there..

Thank you so much! I appreciate your taking the time to help me out. This really is an awesome forum.

Regarding USB Loader, I do have a 500GB portable hard drive. I guess I could look into using that instead of burning DVD's. I think the HD is FAT formatted though, so I'd have to reformat it to be able to fit 4.7GB games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1