Hardware Homebrew Error 002 when launching WiiWare and some Discs.

SkyBladeDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On some of my WiiWare games, the Wii crashes and displays Error 002. This has affected most of my WiiWare, and i can still use my other channels (Disc Channel, Mii Channel, etc).
However, some of my games do work, and the error 002 has affected at least one of my legitimate wii games too.
I am on 4.3e, BootMii as boot2 and ios, priiloader, etc. (I followed wii.guide) (console is a launch day model, and has been modchipped too)
I have tried searching for a solution prior to posting this, and i cannot find anything about error 002 on Wii channels.
Is there any way i can fix this?
(I did have another wii with some of the same games and they all worked fine (same 4.3e, but no modchip))

I will try to attach images later when im not busy.

Solution
all of those use IOS56, except tetris party uses IOS35? which i guess makes sense, as IOS56 is known to be correlated with 002. i believe 002 happens when the game is using the wrong IOS though. personally i would try getting the latest IOS56 as a WAD from NUS Downloader and installing it, but i have no idea if that would work.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! USBLoaderGX and wiiflow lite can get my games working.
Both the problematic WiiWare titles and the 007 GoldenEye disc?
I tried a few more things, but i am unable to get my wiiware to play correctly on the system menu.
Well that's why i suggested to use usbloadergx, so it can force it to use ios249, and from the looks of it it's doing its job. Just continue launching them from there..

Reactions: SkyBladeDX

SkyBladeDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both the problematic WiiWare titles and the 007 GoldenEye disc?

Well that's why i suggested to use usbloadergx, so it can force it to use ios249, and from the looks of it it's doing its job. Just continue launching them from there..
Yep, although i like using wiiflow too.
Ill try and configure usbloadergx tomorrow.

SkyBladeDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will help you update your IOSs and perhaps a couple other relatively minor recommendations too

Thank you! Modmii saves the day once again. I dont know if 37 ios' was a lot/a higher amount than normal, but my wiiware now works.

SkyBladeDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i did say to get the latest version of IOS56. lemme know if that somehow works.

You are a genius. It actually worked, but i now need to try tetris and see if that works too. Also still gotta try goldeneye.

UPDATE: tetris wont install (probably a dodgy wad) but goldeneye works too.

Last edited by SkyBladeDX,
Reactions: meowmall0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1