Trouble playing several games on Softmaded Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ladon, Oct 24, 2010.

Oct 24, 2010
  1. Ladon
    OP

Newcomer Ladon Newbie

United States
    Hello,

Ive had my Wii Softmodded for almost a year now i think after the drive on my Wii stopped working. I havent had any issues playing my games up until recently. Kirby Epic Yarn, Metroid Other M are the new ones but older games too like Rune Factory Frontier and Star Wars Lego.

Ive tried tons of stuff. I was at 4.2 first and last weekend i remodded it and upgraded to 4.3 using ModMii. After still having the same issues with all games i tried going back to 4.1 again with ModMii, which is awesome btw and makes softmodding super easy!

I was using Configurable as my Loader for a while but with the issues i tried using WiiFlow. I tried swapping between all the IOS?, the 222, 223, 249 etc for both loaders and still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Ladon
    OP

Newcomer Ladon Newbie

United States
    One thing i havent tried yet is using CIOSX rev 20b with base 56 or 37 but i cant seem to figure out how to install it...

nvm, Didnt realize the one i downloaded didnt have the dol named boot.dol so i just had to rename the file.

But after testing the games still arent working! Arrgh!

3. Ladon
    OP

Newcomer Ladon Newbie

United States
    No one have any ideas? My kids are getting annoyed they cant finish the game!

4. MetalHead793

Newcomer MetalHead793 Newbie

United States
    Burn Kirby Epic Yarn at 2x speed using imgBurn
    Use Pimp My Wii to update any outdated IOS: http://www.mediafire.com/?67p2vjrsff70pj2
    Wiiflow is the best USB loader to use but wont run kirby right now, none of them will with usb atm.
    Edit:Run on Wiiflow with the disc loader

Best of Luck! [​IMG]

5. MetalHead793

United States
    Wow quoted my own mssge lol

6. Ladon
    OP

Newcomer Ladon Newbie

United States
    Unfortunately as mentioned, My disc drive is broken. Thats the whole reason i use the USB Loaders. Thanks for the help anyways!All the games run they just get to a certain point and freeze.

Metroid Other M freezes during te opening movie after the tutorial part just as the ship is starting to fly beside the SOS ship.

Kirby Freezes on the 4th world stage 2 while your a dolphin.

Rune Factory freezes if you stay in the zone with your farm for more then a couple minutes.

Not sure about Lego Star Wars since thats one the kids play but i havent yet but they have complained about getting stuck and cant continue.

7. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Did this issue occur AFTER you remodded or updated? If so, I'm guessing you stubbed out your cIOS slots in the process. Try using DOP-Mii and getting rid of the stub IOS at 222, 223, 249, 250, etc.
    Since when did Kirby not work on WiiFlow, or any other USB loader for that matter? As far as I know the game has caused no problems at all in USB loading, no matter which loader you use. I ran Kirby on WiiFlow and CFG without issue.

8. Ladon
    OP

Newcomer Ladon Newbie

United States
    Will i need to remod after that?

9. CarbonX13

Taiwan
    No, you're just removing stub IOS from your Wii. You'll need to re-install your cIOS (both Waninkoko's and Hermes' in your case), but there won't be a need to re-hack your Wii. Remember to only remove IOS in the slots above 200 as anything lower will potentially brick your Wii. Triple check which IOS you're removing before proceeding with the process. IOS 254 is BootMii at IOS, so don't remove that.

10. MetalHead793

United States
    The program I provided (Pimp My Wii) will fix any of those issues. I.e removing stub IOS and replacing them with cIOS, but Kirbys Epic Yarn is a problem it has been tested on every USB Loader possible and does not work. It only works with a disc. Carbon is rigt, NEVER remove any IOS below 200

11. CarbonX13

Taiwan
    Disregard the Kirby comment... Kirby's Epic Yarn runs perfectly on USB loaders. WiiFlow works. Configurable USB Loader works. USB Loader GX works. Neogamma R9 Beta 47 works. I don't know what setup Metalhead is using, but the game runs on every single loader I use. I haven't heard of the game not working on any USB loader except for the one person with a bad rip.

12. Ladon
    OP

Newcomer Ladon Newbie

United States
    Well im at a loss, Kirby and Metroid still arent working.

Ive been using WiiFlow. In WiiFlow i change the IOS for each game in its Individual settings. Ive tried both games on IOS 222,223,249,and250.

I have CIOSX 20b Istalled on IOS 249 with Base 56 and on IOS 250 with Base 37. I have Hermes 5.1 installed on 222 with Base 38 and 223 with Base 37.

I used ISO 236 or 36 to install these.

I am using a Seagate Free Agent 500GB HDD with 2 partitions, the 1st NTFS 300GBs and the 2nd FAT32 200GBs.

Am i doing something wrong?! Other then that i followed ModMiii 4.3.4 to the letter as below!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I dont know what else to try! Ive seen people post diag reports maybe i should do that? If so what is best to use?

13. Aint2krayzie

Newcomer Aint2krayzie Member

United States
    As Mentioned before Kirby Works fine on USB Loader GX.
    So Does Metroid Other M . I'm on 4.2u with Rev17 on ios 249, rev19 on ios250.
    Now if your up to date on all the ios, then u should just try to get a different iso of
    the games. i had same issues with games before and after searching online that it should
    play fine. i got the game from a different source. that worked for me with Metroid and
    Samurai Warrior 3

14. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    You could re-mod your wii Like a man using Dop-Mii and Wanin's cIOS installer! Then use Hermes again. But use USB loader GX first.
    EDIT 200th POST!

15. Ladon
    OP

Newcomer Ladon Newbie

United States
    Im already on my 2nd ISO of Metroid from different sources and both have frozen at the exact same spot. I still give GX a try and downgrade my CIOSx's to match yours and see if i get better results.

Is there anyway to re-virginize your Wii to start all over? I might give that a try this weekend and start from scratch.

16. CarbonX13

Taiwan
    It's been known that Metroid: Other M freezes at certain places using some setups. Perhaps you should give cIOSrev19 a shot and see what happens. Oh, and give Configurable USB Loader a run, it has the best compatibility of all the existing USB loaders.

Have you tried uninstalling your cIOS then re-installing? I'm not sure if it happens, but updating the base IOS might wipe out the cIOS as well. You updated IOS37 and IOS56, both your bases, and that might've had something to do with your cIOS.

17. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    As I said, use Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition (This one doesn't install trucha bug on IOS 36.) And delete your cIOSs. You might have to reinstall IOS 36 if you previously Trucha'd it Then make a Wad for the Homebrew Channel using Wad Maker and Delete HBC with Wad manager through SmashStack/BannerBomb/Indiana Pwns (Depending what System menu you have). There you go. Your Wii is now a Virgin again.

18. Ladon
    OP

Newcomer Ladon Newbie

United States
    Well i got another ISO of Kirby and its working now so thats all good so the kids are happy. Now to try some of the suggestion to get Metroid working.

Thanks for the help everyone!