Ladon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Ive had my Wii Softmodded for almost a year now i think after the drive on my Wii stopped working. I havent had any issues playing my games up until recently. Kirby Epic Yarn, Metroid Other M are the new ones but older games too like Rune Factory Frontier and Star Wars Lego.

Ive tried tons of stuff. I was at 4.2 first and last weekend i remodded it and upgraded to 4.3 using ModMii. After still having the same issues with all games i tried going back to 4.1 again with ModMii, which is awesome btw and makes softmodding super easy!

I was using Configurable as my Loader for a while but with the issues i tried using WiiFlow. I tried swapping between all the IOS?, the 222, 223, 249 etc for both loaders and still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Ladon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing i havent tried yet is using CIOSX rev 20b with base 56 or 37 but i cant seem to figure out how to install it...

nvm, Didnt realize the one i downloaded didnt have the dol named boot.dol so i just had to rename the file.

But after testing the games still arent working! Arrgh!

MetalHead793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ladon said:
Hello,

Ive had my Wii Softmodded for almost a year now i think after the drive on my Wii stopped working. I havent had any issues playing my games up until recently. Kirby Epic Yarn, Metroid Other M are the new ones but older games too like Rune Factory Frontier and Star Wars Lego.

Ive tried tons of stuff. I was at 4.2 first and last weekend i remodded it and upgraded to 4.3 using ModMii. After still having the same issues with all games i tried going back to 4.1 again with ModMii, which is awesome btw and makes softmodding super easy!

I was using Configurable as my Loader for a while but with the issues i tried using WiiFlow. I tried swapping between all the IOS?, the 222, 223, 249 etc for both loaders and still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Burn Kirby Epic Yarn at 2x speed using imgBurn
Use Pimp My Wii to update any outdated IOS: http://www.mediafire.com/?67p2vjrsff70pj2
Wiiflow is the best USB loader to use but wont run kirby right now, none of them will with usb atm.
Edit:Run on Wiiflow with the disc loader

Best of Luck!
yaywii.gif

Ladon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MetalHead793 said:
Burn Kirby Epic Yarn at 2x speed using imgBurn
Use Pimp My Wii to update any outdated IOS: http://www.mediafire.com/?67p2vjrsff70pj2
Wiiflow is the best USB loader to use but wont run kirby right now, none of them will with usb atm.
Edit:Run on Wiiflow with the disc loader

Best of Luck!
yaywii.gif

Unfortunately as mentioned, My disc drive is broken. Thats the whole reason i use the USB Loaders. Thanks for the help anyways!All the games run they just get to a certain point and freeze.

Metroid Other M freezes during te opening movie after the tutorial part just as the ship is starting to fly beside the SOS ship.

Kirby Freezes on the 4th world stage 2 while your a dolphin.

Rune Factory freezes if you stay in the zone with your farm for more then a couple minutes.

Not sure about Lego Star Wars since thats one the kids play but i havent yet but they have complained about getting stuck and cant continue.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Did this issue occur AFTER you remodded or updated? If so, I'm guessing you stubbed out your cIOS slots in the process. Try using DOP-Mii and getting rid of the stub IOS at 222, 223, 249, 250, etc.
MetalHead793 said:
Since when did Kirby not work on WiiFlow, or any other USB loader for that matter? As far as I know the game has caused no problems at all in USB loading, no matter which loader you use. I ran Kirby on WiiFlow and CFG without issue.

Ladon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Did this issue occur AFTER you remodded or updated? If so, I'm guessing you stubbed out your cIOS slots in the process. Try using DOP-Mii and getting rid of the stub IOS at 222, 223, 249, 250, etc.

Will i need to remod after that?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Ladon said:
CarbonX13 said:

No, you're just removing stub IOS from your Wii. You'll need to re-install your cIOS (both Waninkoko's and Hermes' in your case), but there won't be a need to re-hack your Wii. Remember to only remove IOS in the slots above 200 as anything lower will potentially brick your Wii. Triple check which IOS you're removing before proceeding with the process. IOS 254 is BootMii at IOS, so don't remove that.

MetalHead793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Ladon said:
CarbonX13 said:

No, you're just removing stub IOS from your Wii. You'll need to re-install your cIOS (both Waninkoko's and Hermes' in your case), but there won't be a need to re-hack your Wii. Remember to only remove IOS in the slots above 200 as anything lower will potentially brick your Wii. Triple check which IOS you're removing before proceeding with the process. IOS 254 is BootMii at IOS, so don't remove that.

The program I provided (Pimp My Wii) will fix any of those issues. I.e removing stub IOS and replacing them with cIOS, but Kirbys Epic Yarn is a problem it has been tested on every USB Loader possible and does not work. It only works with a disc. Carbon is rigt, NEVER remove any IOS below 200

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
MetalHead793 said:
Kirbys Epic Yarn is a problem it has been tested on every USB Loader possible and does not work. It only works with a disc.
Disregard the Kirby comment... Kirby's Epic Yarn runs perfectly on USB loaders. WiiFlow works. Configurable USB Loader works. USB Loader GX works. Neogamma R9 Beta 47 works. I don't know what setup Metalhead is using, but the game runs on every single loader I use. I haven't heard of the game not working on any USB loader except for the one person with a bad rip.

Ladon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im at a loss, Kirby and Metroid still arent working.

Ive been using WiiFlow. In WiiFlow i change the IOS for each game in its Individual settings. Ive tried both games on IOS 222,223,249,and250.

I have CIOSX 20b Istalled on IOS 249 with Base 56 and on IOS 250 with Base 37. I have Hermes 5.1 installed on 222 with Base 38 and 223 with Base 37.

I used ISO 236 or 36 to install these.

I am using a Seagate Free Agent 500GB HDD with 2 partitions, the 1st NTFS 300GBs and the 2nd FAT32 200GBs.

Am i doing something wrong?! Other then that i followed ModMiii 4.3.4 to the letter as below!
]ModMii 4.3.4 Custom Guide
Generated on Sat 10/23/2010 - 23:28:00.14
Check for updates at tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow

This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Wii is currently a virgin (un-modified)
* Current firmware is 4.3U
* Desired firmware is 4.1U

* Download Photo Channel
* Download Internet Channel
* Download Weather Channel
* Download News Channel
* Download Mii Channel
* Download Shopping Channel (and IOS56)

* Download Extra Brick Protection
* Update active IOSs

This software is not for sale. If you paid for this software or a "bundle" you have been scammed.

THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NEITHER STATED NOR IMPLIED.
NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE!
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This guide does NOT require a Wifi connection on your Wii.
*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above).
*If you get errors during any of the steps reformat your SD card as FAT or FAT32
*Turn off WiiConnect24 and take out all gamecube memory cards/controllers when modding the Wii (unless instructed otherwise).
*If your Wii ever freezes, hold the power button on the Wii for 5 seconds to power it off then try again.
*Don’t ever accept a new Nintendo update without first googling to see if it’s safe. The last update (to 4.3) was released in late June 2010 and is NOT safe to accept. If you accept an official Nintendo update after modding the Wii, you may lose some or all of your modifications.
*Never uninstall a system menu or IOS
*Do not install untested wads/themes without Bootmii or Priiloader installed.
*This custom guide is great start, but Wii modding is always evolving. Check for updates online, and remember, google is your friend.
*If you have questions, a more detailed guide can be found here: <a href="http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk" target="_blank">http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk</a>

1) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC) AND BOOTMII

Note: if this Wii was previously modified, and it has either the HBC, BootMii as Boot2, or a Forwarder Channel installed, you can use that instead of an exploit (as it does not require physically owning a specific game).

If using BootMii as Boot2 to install the HBC, copy the 'BootMii' folder from your previous BootMii install to the root of your SD Card (or download it using ModMii). Then boot your wii, BootMii will load, go To the SD menu, load bootmini.elf. This will load the Hackmii Installer allowing you to reinstall the HBC.

If using a Forwarder Channel, just save the boot.elf/dol from the app you want to load (ie. SD:\apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf or SD:\apps\MMM\boot.dol) to the location used by your SPECIFIC Forwarder Channel (ie. SD:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol). Then start the channel and the Hackmii Installer will load allowing you to reinstall the HBC. Note, if your forwarder channel only loads dol's and not elf's, launch MMM's boot.dol, then use its "App Manager" to load the Hackmii Installer.

SMASH STACK EXPLOIT

REQUIREMENTS: * A copy of "Super Smash Brothers Brawl"
* A non-SDHC card since game doesn't support SDHC cards

Insert the Super Smash Brothers Brawl Game.

Launch the game withOUT the SD card in your wii, create a save file if you don't have one already,
Then go into the stage builder and delete all the stages. Then exit the game.

Afterwards, insert your SD Card, start the game and go to the stage builder,
it should launch the boot.elf/dol file saved on the root of your SD card.

If you forgot to delete the stages, you will experience an annoying but harmless crash.

This runs the Hackmii Installer (and silently/automatically installs BootMii as IOS). Use the installer to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii as Boot2 if possible. If you cannot install BootMii as Boot2, you also need to 'prepare an SD Card' for BootMii (as the 'BootMii' folder is required to launch BootMii as IOS or Boot2).

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run ModMii again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'ModMii Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC.
Hit the home button. In the top right corner you will see the IOS used by the HBC.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC).

If it is using IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip the Reinstall The Homebrew Channel step when you get to it.

2) MAKING A NAND BACKUP

While inside the Homebrew Channel, load BootMii by pressing home and clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a Gamecube controller]

Press reset to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]

Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, and keys.bin elsewhere and erase from the sd card (or rename it). You'll need these in case of emergencies, so don't lose them.
Go back to The Homebrew Channel.

Note: if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on AS LONG AS it finds the bootmii folder (mentioned above) on the root of the SD card.

3) Installing a Patched IOS236

Start the Homebrew Channel.

VERY IMPORTANT!
In the Homebrew channel, if you do not have a working internet connection already set up, you will see an icon flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating its inability to initialize the network. You MUST wait for the icon to stop flashing OR let it flash for 30-60 seconds before proceeding otherwise this app will error shortly after being launched. If you encounter this harmless error, power off the Wii and repeat this step from the beginning. To increase your chances of success, add a working internet connection to your Wii via the official Wii Settings Menu, but be sure to say "No" when asked to perform an update.

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

Push 1.
Choose "Load IOS from SD card",
Confirm your choice with the A button,
When prompted, push A to continue the installation.

When asked whether to perform Step 2, Press "2" to skip it.
Then push any button to exit.

4) INSTALL WADS

Load Multi-Manager Mod (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS236

Note: If this step fails with error -ret 2011 or other, you may need to retry patching IOS236. If the Wii was previously softmodded, you can try loading cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249)

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs from the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all the WADs in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
If any files fail to install properly, they will remain marked for installation, so just retry installing those files.

Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* System Menu 4.1U
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS250[38]-v20
* cIOS249[56]-v20
* RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
* Mii Channel (Region Free)
* Photo 1.1 (USA/PAL/JAP)
* Shopping (USA/PAL/JAP)
* Internet (USA)
* Weather (USA)
* News (USA)
* IOS9v1034
* IOS12v526
* IOS13v1032
* IOS14v1032
* IOS15v1032
* IOS17v1032
* IOS21v1039
* IOS22v1294
* IOS28v1807
* IOS31v3608
* IOS33v3608
* IOS34v3608
* IOS35v3608
* IOS36v3608
* IOS37v5663
* IOS38v4124
* IOS41v3607
* IOS43v3607
* IOS45v3607
* IOS46v3607
* IOS48v4124
* IOS53v5663
* IOS55v5663
* IOS56v5662
* IOS57v5919
* IOS58v6176
* IOS61v5662
* usbloader(s)-(emulators)-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
FAT:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Note: First the SD Card is checked, then your USB Hard Drive (formatted as FAT32).
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii without relying on a disc based exploit

Note: Whenever you install a new System Menu, Priiloader is uninstalled. So be sure to reinstall it afterwards (especially if you do not have bootmii as boot2)

5) INSTALL PRIILOADER

Launch Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the Homebrew Channel

Note: IOS236 should be loaded automatically.
If it isn't, select "Load another IOS" and select IOS236
(or any IOS you know is patched).

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, go down to select "App Manager",
Then select the "Priiloader installer".
After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it using the loaded IOS.

Priiloader may give the following two 'yellow' errors. These are expected and are not an issue.
loader.ini couldn't delete error -106
password.txt couldn't delete error -106

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the wii,
then powering it back and holding reset while it's booting until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Disable Deletion of some important channels, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit <a href="http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader" target="_blank">http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader</a>

6) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the Homebrew Channel (HBC). If the IOS used by your HBC is IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

Launch the HackMii_Installer via the HBC.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If the HBC is failing to load the HackMii_Installer (just blackscreens), instead launch the Hackmii Installer using the method described in the First Step

7) AFTER MODDING

After you are done modding your Wii, you can optionally delete any unnecesarry files
by using ModMii's "File Cleanup" Feature.

At this point you're practically done.
Now you should be downloading the latest homebrew applications and setting them up on
your SD Card (or FAT32 USB Hard Drive) so they can be launched via the HBC.

For playing your backups off a USB hard drive, run the USB-Loader Setup feature from ModMii's Main Menu

For downloading applications, you should:
* Check out ModMii's batch download pages as it has many popular apps available for download.
* Download Homebrew Browser via ModMii to get many popular apps, but this is an online only Wii application (http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/how-to-use/hbb)
* For those without internet on their Wii, check out this list of Homebrew applications (wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_homebrew).
Another great resource is webrewwii.blogspot.com

After getting whatever apps you want, you should get a boot.dol file and possibly a icon.png and meta.xml.
For HBC to read your SD/USB correctly, your card must be structured SD:/apps/application name/boot.dol
If you have a *.dol not named boot.dol, rename it boot.dol, otherwise it will not be recognized by the HBC.
(optional: the icon.png and meta.xml should be saved in the same place as the boot.dol)

8) SUPPORT XFLAK

IF MODMII WORKED FOR YOU, PLEASE VOTE IN FAVOUR OF THE PROGRAM HERE (tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow)

DONATIONS CAN OPTIONALLY BE MADE VIA PAYPAL TO [email protected]

CHECK OUT MY TOP CHANNELS HERE (tinyurl.com/topchannels)

CHECK OUT MY CRAZY INTRO VIDEOS HERE (tinyurl.com/crazyintro)

I dont know what else to try! Ive seen people post diag reports maybe i should do that? If so what is best to use?

Aint2krayzie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Mentioned before Kirby Works fine on USB Loader GX.
So Does Metroid Other M . I'm on 4.2u with Rev17 on ios 249, rev19 on ios250.
Now if your up to date on all the ios, then u should just try to get a different iso of
the games. i had same issues with games before and after searching online that it should
play fine. i got the game from a different source. that worked for me with Metroid and
Samurai Warrior 3

Ladon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aint2krayzie said:
Now if your up to date on all the ios, then u should just try to get a different iso of
the games. i had same issues with games before and after searching online that it should
play fine. i got the game from a different source. that worked for me with Metroid and
Samurai Warrior 3

Im already on my 2nd ISO of Metroid from different sources and both have frozen at the exact same spot. I still give GX a try and downgrade my CIOSx's to match yours and see if i get better results.

Is there anyway to re-virginize your Wii to start all over? I might give that a try this weekend and start from scratch.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Ladon said:
Aint2krayzie said:
Samurai Warrior 3

Im already on my 2nd ISO of Metroid from different sources and both have frozen at the exact same spot. I still give GX a try and downgrade my CIOSx's to match yours and see if i get better results.

Is there anyway to re-virginize your Wii to start all over? I might give that a try this weekend and start from scratch.
It's been known that Metroid: Other M freezes at certain places using some setups. Perhaps you should give cIOSrev19 a shot and see what happens. Oh, and give Configurable USB Loader a run, it has the best compatibility of all the existing USB loaders.

Have you tried uninstalling your cIOS then re-installing? I'm not sure if it happens, but updating the base IOS might wipe out the cIOS as well. You updated IOS37 and IOS56, both your bases, and that might've had something to do with your cIOS.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ladon said:
Aint2krayzie said:
Samurai Warrior 3

As I said, use Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition (This one doesn't install trucha bug on IOS 36.) And delete your cIOSs. You might have to reinstall IOS 36 if you previously Trucha'd it Then make a Wad for the Homebrew Channel using Wad Maker and Delete HBC with Wad manager through SmashStack/BannerBomb/Indiana Pwns (Depending what System menu you have). There you go. Your Wii is now a Virgin again.

Ladon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i got another ISO of Kirby and its working now so thats all good so the kids are happy. Now to try some of the suggestion to get Metroid working.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol