schnoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lost at first step :-(
i already installed a zelda hack and was playing wiiware games.
now i have 3.4u and the message i get is "system files are corrupt" when i try to load the hacked zelda.
i have GeckoOS installed but that does not read the zelda hacked DVD either.

What do I do then?
Do I have to make a new hacked DVD? What needs to be on it?
thanks!

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm misinterpreting. From what I understand, you have the Twilight Hack, which worked before, but while trying to downgrade something went awry and Twilight Princess no longer boots.

If this is the case, it sounds like your IOS9 is corrupted. If you have the Homebrew Channel (it sounds like you do), get AnyTitle Deleter and try removing IOS9. The next time you put in Twilight Princess, it will prompt you for an update. Update to install IOS9 (that's all it does), and it should work now.
smile.gif

schnoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have GeckoOS, but it does not recognize the SD card I have in the Wii (it does not let me select the SD option). Does there need to be something in the root of the SD card to make GECKO recognize the SD card?
otherwise, how can I make GECKO OS or my Wii recognize this ANYtitle Deleter i have from wiibrew?

thanks!!

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Errm... Gecko OS doesn't load homebrew DOLs and ELFs.

AnyTitle Deleter is a homebrew app that can be run via the HBC, Twilight Hack, or BaNNeRBoMB. If you don't have the Homebrew Channel, use BaNNeRBoMB to either install the HBC or run AnyTitle Deleter (drop the boot.dol in the root directory).

schnoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this anytitle deleter zip file i have has a /data folder, icon and meta
should i put all these in the root directory o the SD also with the dol?

thanks!

schnoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in anytitle ios9 tried to delete
says "Error! ISFS_Open (ret = -106)
then i said i was sure i wanted to uninstall then it says
"ticket delete failed (no ticket?) -102

error ISFS_Delete (ret= -102)"

I have a wii chipped with yaosm. I do have a zelda save on my wii.
not sure what to do next, thanks!!

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Try getting an IOS with the Trucha bug. Either use comex's notdvdx to downgrade IOS35, or install IOS16 v257. After doing that, install cIOS rev12. (Use the Trucha-bugged IOS for installing!) From there, you can use IOS Downgrader to downgrade your IOSes. Hopefully, this will fix your problem with IOS9.

schnoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to install the homebrew channel... does this help me out at all with getting wads to install?
or i still need to remove this ios9?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The HBC will make this whole process a whole lot more convenient. You still need an IOS with the Trucha bug (cIOS is recommended) to install WADs that aren't system updates.

Removing IOS9 will simply remedy your issue with Twilight Princess; it has no relation to your WAD-installing ability.

schnoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i guess i am stuck at my original point still, i can't install new wiiware games (.wad files)

i tried using the the wad installer 2.1 with HBC but it said its not a valid wii application.

so to install the game wads I assume I need, as you said, the cIOS installed.
what exactly do I use to install this cIOS??

I can make the zelda beta 2 hack run to install HBC, but the zelda game with the trucha bug (? i think) still does not run. this is the DVD i used normally to install the wads.

at this point can i burn another zelda with something else on the disc, or will i keep getting the same "corrupt file" error because i am on 3.4?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
WAD Installer is obsolete; use WAD Manager 1.4.

To install cIOS, Google and install the IOS16 v257 WAD. WAD Manager will ask you what IOS you want to use- anything but IOS4 and IOS254 should work. When you have it installed, start up the cIOS rev12 installer. (Just as a word of warning, it will play some electric guitar music.)

When the cIOS installer asks which IOS to use, select IOS16. Do a network installation, and see if that works. When cIOS is installed, you should be able to use WAD Manager (under IOS249) to install your *legally backed up* VC/WiiWare games.

The Trucha bug does not exist in games. It resides in IOSes. Are you talking about a copy of twilight Princess that has been Trucha-signed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...