TriPlayer - A feature-rich audio player for Nintendo Switch

wd7qBy2.png

Hey everyone! I'd like to introduce a little something I've been working on since February. After 9 months I believe it's at a state where it's ready for a public release!

Let me introduce TriPlayer, my project that came to be due to the lack of a "proper" audio player for the Nintendo Switch. TriPlayer automatically scans and organizes any audio files you have in the /music folder on the root of your SD card. As pictures speak a thousand words, I'll let the following screenshot help describe it:

ci80MLQ.jpg

As you can see, it handles the metadata embedded within audio files in order to create a complete music library. The music will keep playing while you're playing a game or using another application. Playback can be controlled via the provided Tesla overlay or by pressing button combinations on the controller.

Requirements:
  • A recent version of Atmosphere (0.10.0+)
    • TriPlayer may work on other CFWs, however this is untested
    • The sysmodule requires ~3MB of free memory, so this may clash with other sysmodules
  • A recent firmware version
    • Once again this hasn't been tested, but some code relies on newer firmwares so I suggest 10.0.0+
  • Some music!
    • FLAC, MP3 and WAV are supported at this time
Installation:

1. Download the latest release as a .zip from here
2. Extract the contents to the root of your SD card
3. Place some music in /music
4. Launch the application and wait for the initial scan to complete

GitHub:

A lot more information and usage is covered on my GitHub repo. See the readme for a brief introduction and link to the wiki where everything is covered in detail.
https://github.com/tallbl0nde/TriPlayer

Final Notes:

I hope TriPlayer is useful to many of you who have been wanting a music player on the Switch. As it's quite complex, there's a good chance I've missed some major bugs. Please report these as issues on GitHub. Note that should the sysmodule crash, it will crash the entire OS. While I personally haven't had any crashes while both listening and not listening to music, I recommend stopping the sysmodule (either via the app or overlay) when you're not using it if you want to be extra safe.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited by tallbl0nde, , Reason: Update supported formats

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"It tells me that he is unable to connect to sysmodule"

On SX OS you need to move 4200000000000FFF folder from atmosphere\contents to /sxos/titles
Still got the same error: "an error occurred comunicating with the sysmodule. Check that it is running and up-to-date!".
What can I do? I am using SX OS.

UltimateFight

Mell-Known Member
Trophies
XP
Country
China
1, Need a multi-select function, multi-select the songs and then add to the playlist.(or delete them)

:PThe following suggestions may be based on my personal usage habits:
2, Remember the selected play mode, I like to play music in "list loop" mode, every time I launch TriPlayer, I have to click twice to switch to "list loop".
3, Click on the song's picture in the bottom left corner to switch to full screen mode. (same function as that full screen button)
4, Function to delete song files. As you know, I have some songs with Non-English characters, when I used sys-tune, I needed to translate their file names into English then put them to my switch (gee that's very weird), now I can rename them to 1, 2, 3 .......mp3 and then TriPlayer will recognize their real names. Such renamed files are not easy to manage, so it would be nice to be able to delete them with TriPlayer.

Last edited by UltimateFight,

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
Since when does MP3 support 24bit depth?
You can have 24 bit depth Mp3 files but they are basically useless as most of the information gets cut off anyway due to compression , the creator did mention that he would ad FLAC file support soon so thats what I was asking, it looks like I phrased the question incorrectly, sorry for any inconvenience the thread has been edited.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Martinez

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Great app!
If someone wants to convert a Spotify playlist to MP3 I am recommending to use
tuneskit with a free test account without any limits.
Login: unregistered@user. ru License code: 0f1d040724be0d71980e1b9e0a8ac00b7f591014f7

And for converting special characters you can use Bunk Rename Utility. You can select the whole folder, so that's really useful. Remember to check "Accents" in the "remove" tab.

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-6_9-30-28.png
    upload_2020-11-6_9-30-28.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 316
Last edited by Martinez,
Reactions: tallbl0nde

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think I have found an issue. The game "SupraLand" keeps crashing Atmosphere and points to the program 0100000000000014.
Ni No Kuni keep crashing after loading savedata.
010000000000100F
View attachment 233037
I believe these are both crashing due to the Switch running out of Audio sessions (0100000000000014 is the ID of the audio service), so these can't be fixed. I'll add a blacklist/auto shutown feature to stop the sysmodule when these games are launched in the future.

Saulsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wd7qBy2.png

Hey everyone! I'd like to introduce a little something I've been working on since February. After 9 months I believe it's at a state where it's ready for a public release!

Let me introduce TriPlayer, my project that came to be due to the lack of a "proper" audio player for the Nintendo Switch. TriPlayer automatically scans and organizes any audio files you have in the /music folder on the root of your SD card. As pictures speak a thousand words, I'll let the following screenshot help describe it:

ci80MLQ.jpg

As you can see, it handles the metadata embedded within audio files in order to create a complete music library. The music will keep playing while you're playing a game or using another application. Playback can be controlled via the provided Tesla overlay or by pressing button combinations on the controller.

Requirements:
  • A recent version of Atmosphere (0.10.0+)
    • TriPlayer may work on other CFWs, however this is untested
    • The sysmodule requires ~3MB of free memory, so this may clash with other sysmodules
  • A recent firmware version
    • Once again this hasn't been tested, but some code relies on newer firmwares so I suggest 10.0.0+
  • Some music!
    • Unfortunately only MP3 files are supported at this time
Installation:

1. Download the latest release as a .zip from here
2. Extract the contents to the root of your SD card
3. Place some music in /music
4. Launch the application and wait for the initial scan to complete

GitHub:

A lot more information and usage is covered on my GitHub repo. See the readme for a brief introduction and link to the wiki where everything is covered in detail.
https://github.com/tallbl0nde/TriPlayer

Final Notes:

I hope TriPlayer is useful to many of you who have been wanting a music player on the Switch. As it's quite complex, there's a good chance I've missed some major bugs. Please report these as issues on GitHub. Note that should the sysmodule crash, it will crash the entire OS. While I personally haven't had any crashes while both listening and not listening to music, I recommend stopping the sysmodule (either via the app or overlay) when you're not using it if you want to be extra safe.

Enjoy! :)

It be cool if Nintendo add some multimedia features to the switch, like with the 3ds. But i get their focus is on games not all-in-one entertainment. This looks awesome and having playback during a game just seals the deal!

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is asking too much already but will it be possible to add .mp4 video playback soon? this app looks perfect to do so or would that be a separate app instead? Thank You very much for this regardless!

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know this is asking too much already but will it be possible to add .mp4 video playback soon? this app looks perfect to do so or would that be a separate app instead? Thank You very much for this regardless!
If I knew how to, I'd put it in a separate app. Unfortunately that's a whole another beast that isn't anywhere near as simple as music playback.

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've made a small change to the homebrew application, could those who have been having issues with song metadata (i.e. characters showing as ☒) give this .nro a test for me? You just need to overwrite the current .nro in /switch/TriPlayer/. All going well, any missing characters should fall back to the Switch's font in order to render them. I think they may be a little big/off center, so please let me know what you think!

Also in case anyone asks, this has nothing to do with the "preparing your library" freeze. This is completely different.

EDIT: I don't know why it posted twice, both files are the same :P

Attachments

• TriPlayer.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 209
  • TriPlayer.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 203

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    no, but fucking cockroaches
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i had to sleep with one eye open
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    after i restes peacfully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    sorry for misspell and posts
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i heard a buzzing sound from a flying cockroach and ran away
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and i have to sleep somewhere else
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, I hate insects too
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish i can just get rid of them
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so i can rest peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i just worry about cockroaches entering my room
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    my room is absolutely clean and a have an AC Conditioner
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and when i turn it on or not, they have a way to enter
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it pisses me off
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and my right eye is bloodshot from lack of sleep but damn. the full moon with the clouds is beautiful
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    @Xdqwerty any tips?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bug exterminator?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi Somebody's asking for tips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get a load from this guy lol.