Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

MAMBO3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
HI @mattytrog i flash the latest switchboot but i can only boot to the old hekate if i press volume down to bypass SXOS payload boot directly to ofw i remove the sd card to test if i can boot on the new hekate but nothing still boot in the old one.

Reactions: kylum

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HI @mattytrog i flash the latest switchboot but i can only boot to the old hekate if i press volume down to bypass SXOS payload boot directly to ofw i remove the sd card to test if i can boot on the new hekate but nothing still boot in the old one.
Im assuming you mean the new Hekate interface called nyx.

nyx cannot go onto the chip due to lack of space. So you just need the nyx bin file.
Go to sdsetup.com and set your card up.

You can also remove or rename the update.bin file if you like. That will stop default Hekate launching

Reactions: MAMBO3000

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK...1.4.2 coming. Soon.

Changelog:

• More typos / line spacing fixed.
  • Autobooting fixed for some people. Created lock to prevent people from adding invalid files to hekate_ipl.ini within the app
  • New "tidy_memloader" option... Mount USB with my slightly customised version of memloader. INIs go in bootloader/memloader so SD card is kept tidy. Will put a ready-to-use folder in OP. Just select from menu. Drag and drop on to SD... Forget its there until you need it.
  • Changed some menu options so it is more logical and not scattered all over the place like pigeon shit.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK...1.4.2 coming. Soon.

Changelog:

• More typos / line spacing fixed.
  • Autobooting fixed for some people. Created lock to prevent people from adding invalid files to hekate_ipl.ini within the app
  • New "tidy_memloader" option... Mount USB with my slightly customised version of memloader. INIs go in bootloader/memloader so SD card is kept tidy. Will put a ready-to-use folder in OP. Just select from menu. Drag and drop on to SD... Forget its there until you need it.
  • Changed some menu options so it is more logical and not scattered all over the place like pigeon shit.
Thanks for the heads up too the other day on the updating the payload through the volume button silence.

Would you like the moderators to pin this thread? It seems like it would be useful for this sub forum.

Auvrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattytrog

For the RCMX86
It's not unlatching from the ground pin for the right joycon, so while the joycon charges whilst connected. It doesn't register as a connected joycon.
Did I mess something up? Running your latest RCMX86 With Multiloader part 1 and hekate part 2...

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog

For the RCMX86
It's not unlatching from the ground pin for the right joycon, so while the joycon charges whilst connected. It doesn't register as a connected joycon.
Did I mess something up? Running your latest RCMX86 With Multiloader part 1 and hekate part 2...
That sir is almost certainly a grounded joycon connection.

Anyway...

Tol everyone else...

Sorry the latest release hasn`t been forthcoming...

I discovered a problem in my code (that had been there ages) affecting all chips apart from the trinket & clones.

The interrupts for the vol+ strap weren`t working.

So, the arduino code was messy anyway and I took an opportunity to clean / re-implement some stuff and squished some bugs.

Before I release, attached are TWO files...

One is v1.4.2 for TRINKET ONLY tonight. I`ll do the rest tomorrow.

the other is my memloader mod called "tidy_memloader" - its basically just a path changing exercise...

Download both zips below...
  • Flash the UF2 to the chip as usual... Give it a good test. Make sure it is 100% working. It seems to be my end. Tested all I can with the consoles in a suitable configuration...
  • Drag and drop the bootloader folder in "tidy_memloader" to SD root...
  • The mount USB option will now work in Switchboot, leaving SD root tidy... Easy enough little mod.
Let me know pleeeeease

Off to bed. Got a motorbike to take for MOT first thing.

Cheers
Matty

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the heads up too the other day on the updating the payload through the volume button silence.

Would you like the moderators to pin this thread? It seems like it would be useful for this sub forum.
Good idea sir. Maybe the modchip one should be pinned instead? I don`t know. Thanks for the suggestion!

Attachments

• tidy_memloader.zip
    288.5 KB · Views: 98
  • TRINKET_TEST.zip
    150 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by mattytrog,
Reactions: Deleted User

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well... Left it overnight... Had a few downloads, no reports of bugs...

Time to make other UF2 files... OP will be updated when complete.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oop I had a slight scare when my rebug stopped pushing payloads, so been reading through the first page and must have disabled it by accident with the 7-second volume thing - got it going again now. I can't see the led flashing tbh, was it working for you?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oop I had a slight scare when my rebug stopped pushing payloads, so been reading through the first page and must have disabled it by accident with the 7-second volume thing - got it going again now. I can't see the led flashing tbh, was it working for you?

Different pinouts. Rebug version coming as soon as I get a minute. Been non stop

Reactions: Gismor

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't flashed an update, it's still as it came from you.
Yes I could see it.

You have to really look in the vents.

Anyway, this new implementation should be better.

Current Changelog(the payload pushing side... The actual payload is finished and on the previous page)

Rewritten nearly every function
Got rid of some obsolete functions
Vol+ options now work on all chips.
More reliable...
Reorganised memory writes so they will write a lot less
Bugfix after bugfix erm... Fixed ;)

Not looked at that side in a while. Glad I did now.

R4S should now work.
Dragoninjector support improved.

Been a buse bee today. I want it to be right though. Don't want folk getting into chip bootloops etc etc.
Any operation can be interrupted now too.

So overall it's faster.

Sorry about the delay.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does tinfoil come up and tell me im using hekate (i think it says hekate not home right now to check) and i should uninstall it? Im using an itsybitsy chip with Part 1 - PERMA-CFW (modified UF2 bootloader) and Part 2 - Fusee UF2 latest (payload.bin launcher) with fusee-glen.bin saved at the root as payload.bin

Last edited by wartutor,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
V1.4.2 online. See OP. Tidy memloader there too...

@wartutor - that is because the Switchboot Hekate mod uses the same file structure as Hekate.

This is "Tinfoils" problem. I mean blawars "Tinfoil"... not the proper one we know and love.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so itsnot anything to worry about then thought i had something setup wrong i had been ignoring it and will just switch to goldleaf see what that does lol.

Reactions: mattytrog

Gismor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
have try it the new 1.4.2 version on my rebug and i found a bug xD

@mattytrog try this in the Menu:
first step go to --> launch --> Payloads --> Main Menu (and you get back to the Main Menue all fine)
second step
SXOS Options / Multinand --> back ( now you get back to the "Choose your payload folder " but it works only when you do the first step ^^"

Last edited by Gismor,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
have try it the new 1.4.2 version on my rebuf and i found a bug xD

@mattytrog try this in the Menu:
first step go to --> launch --> Payloads --> Main Menu (and you get back to the Main Menue all fine)
second step
SXOS Options / Multinand --> back ( now you get back to the "Choose your payload folder " but it works only when you to the first step ^^"
OK sir. Will look into it thanks!

@Gismor

Confirmed. Fixed internally for next release! Which will probably come tomorrow depending on if any more are found.

Properly implemented the "Return to menu" function now. Was lazy programming by me!

Thanks for letting me know sir.

Last edited by mattytrog,
Reactions: Gismor

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK...

Changelog v1.4.3:

• Fixed file browser exit scenario taking you to wrong place... OOPS! My fault. As ever. Now you will see "Exit" instead of "Main Menu" which will take you back to where you were...
  • Changed archive bit options so you can browse and set / unset bits on a folder-by-folder basis.
  • Optimised code in MultiNAND to cut down on payload stack space usage.

Making UF2s now. OP will be updated as soon as I have done so.

On a separate note, I`m thinking its time for a name change. "Switchboot" is a shyte name really and should only apply to the UF2 drive I think. Also with Switchroot here, confusion is easy. Let me know what you think.

Cheers
M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back