Hacking triiforce mrc

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
marc_max im bored and sick atm and im kinda sick of my new project so i might make a version that loads banners from TPL on the nand

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
great news ,nick
smile.gif

BiboPenta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BiboPenta said:
Hi, congratulations on a great application here. I am however having some trouble, TriiForce MRC only displays a few of my installed WiiWare games, anyone knows what could cause this?

Thanks.

Pleeease can anyone help me? :|

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
marc_max im bored and sick atm and im kinda sick of my new project so i might make a version that loads banners from TPL on the nand
Thank you
smile.gif

Main problem is that the TPL are bigger than my image size. Is it possible to resize them?

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How difficult would it be to code a version of this that loads a predefined VC/WW title? So that ISO images can be made for them and then added to USB loaders?

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Tetsuo Shima said:
wichoxp said:
There's a new Channel if you want it
wink.gif
! ...
http://uploading.com/files/348cm2dm/triiforce_mrc_v6.wad/
Channel ID: TFOR
OT
Wow, you have some really nice Emulator Channels there, can you tell me where I can find them?

[Here]
toot.gif

QUOTE(Skizzo @ Oct 20 2009, 12:37 PM)
How difficult would it be to code a version of this that loads a predefined VC/WW title?
Mhhh... I guess you're looking for:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151174
In that way, you'll get fast access to a predefined VC/WW title from your Wii Menu.

See ya!

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't want to create channels. I was asking about a compile of TriiForce that would launch a specific VC/WW title. There is already a TriiForce ISO 'forwarder' that you can install to your WBFS drive to use with USB loader apps. Of course, it has a TriiForce cover and launches the standard TriiForce app. It would be nice to have the ability to compile many versions of TriiForce, with each one set to launch a specific title, so that many ISO forwarders could be made and added to the WBFS drive, with nice custom covers and all. I'm guessing it would be relatively simple to do, but I'm not a coder so I have no idea how to go about altering the code.

I don't know how the ISO's are being created, but perhaps they could use the output of Crap to do the above. We'll see. Seems like it would certainly be easier/quicker than recompiling TriiForce for every VC/WW title wanted.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BiboPenta said:
BiboPenta said:
Hi, congratulations on a great application here. I am however having some trouble, TriiForce MRC only displays a few of my installed WiiWare games, anyone knows what could cause this?

Thanks.

Pleeease can anyone help me? :|
Pictures are loaded based on their TitleID and have different TitleID's for Different regions
Ex: Star Fox 64, NTSC TitleID: NADE and PAL TitleID: NADP
(See here for more info on TitleIDs: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database)

My VC Pic set was made for NTSC, so if you have PAL games, you will need to change the name of the PNG picture files to drop the last "E" in the file names to use them for PAL versions.

Triiforce_mrc first searches for a picture with the FULL TitleID (NTSC Ex: NADE.png, PAL Ex: NADP.png). If none is found, it searches for a generic by dropping the forth letter (Ex: NAD.png) if neither a picture for the full TitleID, nor the generic are found... no picture is displayed.

~Twig

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Skizzo said:
No, I don't want to create channels. I was asking about a compile of TriiForce that would launch a specific VC/WW title. There is already a TriiForce ISO 'forwarder' that you can install to your WBFS drive to use with USB loader apps. Of course, it has a TriiForce cover and launches the standard TriiForce app. It would be nice to have the ability to compile many versions of TriiForce, with each one set to launch a specific title, so that many ISO forwarders could be made and added to the WBFS drive, with nice custom covers and all. I'm guessing it would be relatively simple to do, but I'm not a coder so I have no idea how to go about altering the code.

I don't know how the ISO's are being created, but perhaps they could use the output of Crap to do the above. We'll see. Seems like it would certainly be easier/quicker than recompiling TriiForce for every VC/WW title wanted.
So, you want a DOL file that automatically runs a specify WW/VC game from Triiforce's loader?...

That's already made
wink.gif
!

BiboPenta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twig123 said:
Pictures are loaded based on their TitleID and have different TitleID's for Different regions
Ex: Star Fox 64, NTSC TitleID: NADE and PAL TitleID: NADP
(See here for more info on TitleIDs: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database)

My VC Pic set was made for NTSC, so if you have PAL games, you will need to change the name of the PNG picture files to drop the last "E" in the file names to use them for PAL versions.

Triiforce_mrc first searches for a picture with the FULL TitleID (NTSC Ex: NADE.png, PAL Ex: NADP.png). If none is found, it searches for a generic by dropping the forth letter (Ex: NAD.png) if neither a picture for the full TitleID, nor the generic are found... no picture is displayed.

~Twig

I have games that dont load any image, just a big ? sign. I am talking about games not being listed in triiforce mrc at all, no pic nor ?.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
marc_max said:
nicksasa said:
Thank you
smile.gif

Main problem is that the TPL are bigger than my image size. Is it possible to resize them?
ofcourse, look at the triiforce banner branch, you can set the length/height yourself

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Royusmc said:
Satangel said:
2 questions:

- When I try to load my .wad files (transferred via WAD2NAND via PC) from my USB NAND via Triiforce MRC beta 6, it gives me an error.
It says ' I can't get titlelist. '
I have cIOS 14 installed, everything is done right, and my HDD has a WBFS partition and a FAT32 partition.
Geexbox and USB Loader GX have no problem at all with my HDD.
When I try to run my .wad files (transferred via WAD2NAND via PC) from my SD NAND, it works (except the covers don't work, but I'm looking into that now).
All the folders from my SD are also in the root of my USB HDD (except apps ofcourse), so I really don't see the problem.

- Is Triiforce still being developed? And will there be updates for the cIOS14, so bugs will be fixed?
I may not have the right ansers but mine works great except for the red green and blue cable problem. But I had the some problem with wad2nand not working right. So I used wad manager 1.5 which only lets you add one wad at a time then you have to restart wad manager. And yes triiforce is still being worked on however I don't know if cios14 will be updated as waninkoko the one how made it is no longer working on wii stuff. But I am sure he will be back soon as it is hard to walk away form something you worked so hard on. I hope this helps.

And isn't the source out or so? So somebody else can start developing the cIOS's further?
Because there are loads of bugs and it hangs a lot on my Wii.

Still, thanks for the effort already, this is what I've always dreamt of.

dberkelmans

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The problem with can't load title list from usb is caused by triiforce (mrc) only looking at the first partition so if you split up your hd in a wbfs and fat partition and you start of with wbfs (like i did) then you get an error. Because i was fiddling around with a new drive i formatted my wbfs partition to fat32 and copied everything there and then it worked. I guess other homebrew like snes9x check multiple partitions?! I'm now going to switch the order around to see if my usb loader still works if my wbfs is second.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dberkelmans said:
The problem with can't load title list from usb is caused by triiforce (mrc) only looking at the first partition so if you split up your hd in a wbfs and fat partition and you start of with wbfs (like i did) then you get an error. Because i was fiddling around with a new drive i formatted my wbfs partition to fat32 and copied everything there and then it worked. I guess other homebrew like snes9x check multiple partitions?! I'm now going to switch the order around to see if my usb loader still works if my wbfs is second.

My first partition is WBFS and second is FAT32. Triiforce works correctly (except I do not have images).
I think it has to do with primary and active settings of the partitions.

dberkelmans

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
slingshot27 said:
My first partition is WBFS and second is FAT32. Triiforce works correctly (except I do not have images).

Your right but there are a lot of people who have this issue and i guess they did the same thing as i did. I created two partitions both primary (within xp) did nothing with active. So after your comment I tried it out and indeed in xp marking the second partition to active does the trick. So if you have two partitions none marked as active then triiforce takes the first one if you mark your second one as active then it works (for me). Btw the other homebrew do this a bit smarter because they allready recognized my fat32 partition without marking it active.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dberkelmans said:
slingshot27 said:

Your right but there are a lot of people who have this issue and i guess they did the same thing as i did. I created two partitions both primary (within xp) did nothing with active. So after your comment I tried it out and indeed in xp marking the second partition to active does the trick. So if you have two partitions none marked as active then triiforce takes the first one if you mark your second one as active then it works (for me). Btw the other homebrew do this a bit smarter because they allready recognized my fat32 partition without marking it active.

Cool I could help.
I really hope triidforce mrc will read the images from usb soon.

dberkelmans

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't pay attention to your remark about the images but I saw images. I didn't read the complete thread but before replying I thought lets rename the directory with the images on my sd card and indeed no images from usb (it will read them from sd). But for now I'm very happy with the progress made to this point and we'll just have to be patient to see what's coming.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dberkelmans said:
I didn't pay attention to your remark about the images but I saw images. I didn't read the complete thread but before replying I thought lets rename the directory with the images on my sd card and indeed no images from usb (it will read them from sd). But for now I'm very happy with the progress made to this point and we'll just have to be patient to see what's coming.

I really hope I do not have to use a sd card anymore. The HD is much bigger
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==