Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes confirmed as Switch exclusive in 2018

Earlier this year at the Switch unveiling, Suda51 said that Travis from the No More Heroes franchise will make a return at some point in the future. The recent Nindie Showcase brought us a trailer that confirms "Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes" as a Switch exclusive with a release date sometime in 2018. The story apparently will be about Bad Girl's father trying to kill Travis while they get absorbed by a video game console. As usual for a No More Heroes game, you can expect plenty of crazy over the top shit and a slice of moe.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by WiiUBricker, , Reason: Bat → Bad

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, the setting is going be in a game console. Which means, they can literally bring back anyone. Even people that are deader than dead. Which means no one can actually die. Unless dying in the game means you die in real life.

Anyway, I can see why he chose such a strange setting. Not that their world is that realistic, but now they can take the weirdness even farther.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting PTSD flashbacks when I heard that bass riff from Hotline Miami. I was getting all twitchy and jittery just thinking about it.

Guys, Travis looks incredible. I have always wanted a red leather jacket like his... with the tiger skin on the back.
HNNGGGGGG

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can already hear the cries of sony and xbox fanboys.

I seriously cannot wait to play this game, I loved 1 and 2 so much, can't wait to see more of this game.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeees my wish became true...but first i need a switch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and i have to get a wii again for the first 2 games

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And here I thought I couldn't be disappointed. So no story progression?

And it's "Bad Girl", not "Bat Girl".

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No lie, this game is basically what would compel me to actually buy the switch. Assuming one could actually find them by the time this releases.

I hope there is a switch xl or something similar by the time I do pick this up. The standard joy cons are too tiny for me.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see this an several other games that were either console exclusive or switch exclusive. And I'm also really glad to see the continued support from indie devs. If this keeps up I'm absolutely positive AAA third party devs will start to really hop on board. I believe they are mostly sitting back for now due to the bad taste the wii u left, but hopefully the continued support will coerce them into joining as well.

Reactions: Xzi

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Tokyo, Japan, September 1st, 2017, Grasshopper Manufacture, an award-winning Japanese developer of videogames is delighted to announce the return of Travis Touchdown in Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, due for release for Nintendo Switch in 2018.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is a raucous 3D action title, where Travis touchdown wields the Beam Katana to massacre his way through countless enemies, taking on ferocious bosses in an epic battle with Badman. This marks the first time in ten years that SUDA51 has taken on the mantle of director.

“We’ve received a tremendous amount of support from our fans over the years, and we are delighted to finally share Travis Touchdown’s next great adventure with fans of Nintendo Switch,” said Goichi “SUDA51” Suda, founder of Grasshopper Manufacture. “We’re ecstatic to be expanding the No More Heroes universe in 2018, and we can’t wait to share more information with you in the coming months.”

Set in the remote countryside of the southern US, one year has passed since the events of No More Heroes. Badman has come to exact his revenge on Travis for the murder of his daughter, Badgirl. As the two foes are battling it out, they’re sucked inside the phantom game console ‘Death Drive MK-II’, a machine developed by Doctor Juvenile. It is said that whomever collects and beats all six of its games will have their wishes granted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1