Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - First gameplay footage revealed

When Travis Touchdown's newest game was teased last year, Suda51 provided only a vague description about what that game is all about, stating that our favorite hack'n'slayer will actively take part in various video games within the game itself. What was clear from the beginning is that it wasn't going to be a traditional No More Heroes. The game saw a cutscene video last summer with a bit info about the story and an announcement that it will be a Switch exclusive, releasing 2018. Fast forward to March 2018, during this past Nintendo Direct presentation, we finally got to see the first gameplay footage of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes.

As suspected, this is not No More Heroes 3. It appears to be a spin-off in which Travis takes part in several games of different genres with over-the-top-ish gameplay. So far it seems there are a total of seven games, three of them are confirmed to be racing, action and puzzle games, and each of them with a unique boss at the end. The game will also feature a text adventure mode with a canonical story line, a two player co-op mode and the return of the bathroom save animation. An exact 2018 release date hasn't been announced yet.

After the reveal, despite the fact that it was never claimed to be a classic No More Heroes title, there was some negative chatter in social media about the game, with players voicing their disappointment about how it wasn't the way they imagined it to be. What dou you think? Are you disappointed that it's not No More Heroes 3? Did you expect something else or are you fine with it?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So dissapointed. When i heard there was gonna be a new no more heroes i got so exited but this is just garbage. Don't get why they felt the need to change an already succes

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
top down beaten up? srs? it looked cheap and indie game like imo, it has lost all the appeal the other games had.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not that a top down beaten up is bad, but I'm pretty sure it had different perspectives throughout the whole trailer.
the close ups were all from cutscenes, even boss battle was top down fight.

srs how come on wii we get 2 great 3rd person fighting games and on switch we get something that looks like an indie game and not even that good looking, id say worse than the previous games.

D

Deleted User

Oh god. An awsome series went to trash :(
Absolutely no buy for me:(

I just hope it won’t stay like that in final release...

Last edited by ,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
As a spin-off, it COULD be fun, but comparing the concept of it with the actual No More Heroes games and it's terrible. If only we'd get a NMH3 instead...

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not what I was expecting, but they did mention it was taking on a new approach. As long as it has Travis' cheesy lines and the nerdy shout outs I'm sure it'll be good. I'm excited .

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
top down beaten up? srs? it looked cheap and indie game like imo, it has lost all the appeal the other games had.
It's definitely worrisome to see this new approach. I'd be willing to give it a fair shake if there ends up being a demo, but will otherwise have to skip it or wait for it to get very cheap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?