ROM Hack [Translation Project] Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney Trilogy 3DS [Fantranslation]

Which other languages should this game translated in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yg6igjeu.jpg

POSTPONED!

Information
Release Date (EUR, US): December 09, 2014
Genre: Adventure
System: Nintendo 3DS, 3DSXL, 2DS, n3DS, n3DSXL
Publisher/Developer: Capcom
ESRB: Teen (12+)

Project
Translation:
German, French (other languages possible)
Project started: January 28, 2015

Progress
Picture translation:
20 %
Menu translation: 95 %Others: 15 %

Files
- pack.dat (129MB) file
- pack.inc file (nothing to do here, yet)
- 262 .bcstm soundfiles (no editing here)
- extracted pack.dat file: 12940 .bin files (.bch and unown headers)
- extracted .bin files to .png files
- extracted banner, code and icon.bin
- GS123.bcsar, GS123.csid (?)
- GS123.xml, GS123Map.html (looks like showing the stream files)

Bugs
None so far!

Screenshots
Later!

Help wanted
- translate the .png files
- rebuild the extracted pack.dat (129MB) file
- Python scripter/ C++ scripter needed NCDyson
- Someone with knowledge in translate .png files and editing Rom's

Data & Downloads
The complete package with the extracted ROM is on my Dropbox, if anyone need this, please PM me!
- pack.dat extractor: http://gbatemp.net/attachments/packextract-zip.15263/ (Thanks to NCDyson)
- 12.000+ .bin files (.bch header) to .png extractor: http://gbatemp.net/attachments/acebch-zip.15312/ (Thanks to NCDyson)
- DSDecmp: https://dsdecmp.googlecode.com/files/DSDecmp5alph2.zip

Pinned threads
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-you-extract-files-from-a-dat-file-extracted-from-a-3ds-game.380308/

Special thanks to
- Tomato Hentai
, for helping me to find out how to extract the files and help me progressing my project.
- NCDyson, for help me to extract the .bin files out of the pack.dat file and .png files (Scripting), hope you can help me in the future, too!

This post is for any help and discussion. This post will keep updated every time!

Last edited by Traiver,

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extracting the pack.dat file (Download in the main post)

Quote from NCDyson:

"Here's a really crappy python script to extract all 12940 files from the pack.dat... It took like an hour to complete on my computer, maybe someone else could speed it up.

Place this script, along with DSDecmp into the same folder as the pack.dat and pack.inc and it'll extract and decompress everything. There were no file names stored in the pack.inc, so they're all numbered. The BCH files look to have a really simple structure, so extracting the images out of them shouldn't be too hard."

Extracting the 12.000+ .bin files (Download in the main post)

Quote from NCDyson:

"here's another python script to extract all the images out of the bch files. It's probably going to take a while to extract all 12,000+ images, but it'll do it. Good luck translating this game, it looks like a LOT of the text is in the images.

The script can be called from the command line like so:
Code:

py aceBCH.py -e 0.bin

right now it only converts the bch to a .png. I haven't gotten a chance to write the code to convert .png to .bch
Also, it currently only handles the 3 image formats that were found to be used, which are ETC1,ETC1A4, and RGB565.

ETC1/ETC1A4 decoding relies on etc1Util.exe, which is pretty much just a hacked up version of smealum's etc.exe, I'll post the source to that on github when I get around to it.
etc1Util also only decodes at the moment.

to convert all the bch files(all but 1 of them anyways, 1427.bin doesn't actually have an image as far as I can tell), you can create a quick .bat file like so:
Code:

for %%x in (*.bin) do py aceBCH.py -e %%x

Again, it'll probably take a while. I imagine that half of what slows this script down is the reliance on etc1util, however, I'm not about to try to re-write the etc1 decoding in python, and I didn't feel like writing the bch converter in c++. One of these years I'll get around to writing a python module(with matching .dll) that'll handle conversion to and from common 3ds pixel formats, if someone else doesn't beat me to it first. "

Reactions: XRaidersP

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would like to help to portuguese (ang graphic for all) but I can't do the text alone (Also I'm very disapointed with thie game's localziation so I'm not doing for msyelf close to this, only with a team lol)

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to help to portuguese (ang graphic for all) but I can't do the text alone (Also I'm very disapointed with thie game's localziation so I'm not doing for msyelf close to this, only with a team lol)

I think, we must now concentrate only on one thing. I'll do the german and french translation, but we must have a bigger group for this. When I'm done with the first translation (depends on NCDyson, when he's done with the new script), it should take about 1-2 weeks. Then we can concentrate on other languages and I would help you with portuguese.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think, we must now concentrate only on one thing. I'll do the german and french translation, but we must have a bigger group for this. When I'm done with the first translation (depends on NCDyson, when he's done with the new script), it should take about 1-2 weeks. Then we can concentrate on other languages and I would help you with portuguese.

It's ok XD As I told I can help with graphics in general
but do you guyd know portuguese?:v

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Good luck with this.

Is translating from scratch really neccesary? We still got the DS games in german?

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, the menu is already done. Time to translate the dialouge. Why I translate this game? Its because many of us want to play this game in other languages and its because the new awesome HD Textures, there is a better feeling when you play this game. The dialouge costs me about 2-3 weeks so my translated version of this game should be done in about 2 months. And then we will see in what kind of language I should translate this game then.

Reactions: XRaidersP

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have never done any kind of game translation before but if you want me to help with text translation... My English is pretty good, so I think I would be of some help.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have never done any kind of game translation before but if you want me to help with text translation... My English is pretty good, so I think I would be of some help.

I'm in a long way working on pokemon platinum (they say this game have a curse that no one will never finish the translation haha xD) if you want to help you are welcome! I got sad because I made all the graphics and file researchs alone and no one wanted to help me with the never-ending-amounth of texts =A= I wnat to do a lot of project but as I said, I can't do it alone xD

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm in a long way working on pokemon platinum (they say this game have a curse that no one will never finish the translation haha xD) if you want to help you are welcome! I got sad because I made all the graphics and file researchs alone and no one wanted to help me with the never-ending-amounth of texts =A= I wnat to do a lot of project but as I said, I can't do it alone xD
I PMed you

HDAJulian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wow , I look crave a version in Spanish !

Thank you for helping the community who do not know English / Japanese !

:bow:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1