Status
Not open for further replies.

szezjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi! Firstly, I want to say "thank you" for translation tools you created :) I can't program in Python (actually, I can't program in any language), but this software is AWESOME... and I have some questions :)
1. Can I use your tools for my translation to Polish? Of course, I will add your team in credits :)
2. When trying to convert BCH to PNG, the error occurred:
1TvkKm0.png

Error 32 occurred, when 1399.comp existed. struct.error occurs when script wants to convert 1398. (in error 32 I created "fake" 1398.png to see if this error occurs only for 1398).

Thanks for any help and I hope for allowance :3

mister_gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Firstly, I want to say "thank you" for translation tools you created :) I can't program in Python (actually, I can't program in any language), but this software is AWESOME... and I have some questions :)
1. Can I use your tools for my translation to Polish? Of course, I will add your team in credits :)
2. When trying to convert BCH to PNG, the error occurred:
1TvkKm0.png

Error 32 occurred, when 1399.comp existed. struct.error occurs when script wants to convert 1398. (in error 32 I created "fake" 1398.png to see if this error occurs only for 1398).

Thanks for any help and I hope for allowance :3
Of course! You can use the tools for your translation, and good luck with it! @onepiecefreak can help you with your problem.

szezjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks, I'll be waiting.. if I have your allowance, now I can modify font and translate rest of text without doubts ^.^
You're great! :)

Reactions: mister_gamer

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there, of course you can use the tools.
But in a short period of time I will write a plugin for the software Kuriimu. It will open the bch's then so you don't have to use these python scripts in the future anymore. They aren't that stable and like to crash like you see.

szezjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry for that, but I have next question :/
I modified font's .png file to include Polish characters:
http://i.imgur.com/EQvwfV1.png

phO2ts9.png

...and I tried to test it in dialogue text, but no matter how I did it I can't figure out how that should be done. I tried writing Polish characters, characters which I replaced... I also tried modifying .json file. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong (probably yes :D ), but after many tries I have enough so that's why I ask you here!

Sorry for problems again :/

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You don't rly have to modify the font yourself. Just use the uni_font and my dialogue tool both linked in the main post. The uni_font should already contain all special characters and are ready to use with my tool.

EDIT: Ah wait. I'm stupid, the polnish characters aren't included. Yh the dialogue tool don't know the polnish characters and can therefore not be used with them. They will be filtered out by the conversion process.

EDIT2: You would need to edit the python tables I wrote for that to use your polnish characters.

Last edited by onepiecefreak,

szezjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hmm... I guess these are tables you're talking about. So.. it'll be good if I change vars I don't use to Polish chars (in Unicode, ofc)? Or I don't understand it again? :D

(And will it be enough to edit only "uni" or should I make - for example - "pl"?)

pRJP4hN.png

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are 2 table parts. One to decode and one to encode the letters. in both you have to write your polnish letters accordingly.
In decodeLetters you have to write the code of the japanese symbol you want to replace with the unicode of your polnish character. In the encodeLetters table you do the same the other way around. Giving the unicode and then the code of the japanese letter you want to have there instead.

Which code represent which japanese letter I don't know. That has to be found out by trial and error.

Reactions: szezjo

StephenLu

Trophies
XP
Country
China
May I ask how to add character in the font?
I'd like to translate the Janpan version to chinese and it may be no enough place for us to replace. So I wonder how to add some.
If anyone have done research on this problem, please help me. Thank you very much!
I have already stuck with this problem for a long time...

StephenLu

Trophies
XP
Country
China
OK, I think it is complicated too. I just thought you might have some "unclear" thought about this problem. For me, it will be a great help.
Anyway, you have already done fantastic work on this game. I wish I would have seen this thread earlier.:)

BTW, I do not actually understand the meaning of the "codePatcher.py" for few comments. If I patch this on "code.bin", will it have interference on the display in the game or some other effect?

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The width of every character is stored in the code.bin. The charWidth provided by the font is ignored.
The codePatcher patches this width Table to let the new characters have the right width.

szezjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi again! I returned to translating Ace Attorney after a short break and when I tried to understand how to add Polish character I had some idea:
... is this possible to change only letter in font file but leave other files so when I would write - for example - "é" in dialogue file, game will display "ę"

For example: I would write "Mam nadziejé." in dialogue file and game would display "Mam nadzieję." - but is this possible? :/

Btw. thanks for Kuurimu plugin for images. It really helps <3

matheus abreu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi again! I returned to translating Ace Attorney after a short break and when I tried to understand how to add Polish character I had some idea:
... is this possible to change only letter in font file but leave other files so when I would write - for example - "é" in dialogue file, game will display "ę"

For example: I would write "Mam nadziejé." in dialogue file and game would display "Mam nadzieję." - but is this possible? :/

Btw. thanks for Kuurimu plugin for images. It really helps <3

It's possible. You can use "ę" direct in the script instead "é" too.

First edit the font.
And then you just need to open the dlgtool.py with notpad++ and go at "def createBin" section, in the "uni" table.
Here you will have to replace "\xc3\xa9" for "\xc4\x99".

Clarifying:
c3a9 = UTF8 value of "é"
c499 = UTF8 value of "ę"

Last edited by matheus abreu,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head