ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish you'd translate character dialogue more..
If there's a choice, anyway.
I'm pretty sure you could have read the last post before you wrote this :P
I wasn't trying to be rude, it's just that translating names of Pokemon isn't as important as translating the dialogue.
I'd prefer the dialogue be done before other things.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
I really wish you'd translate character dialogue more..
If there's a choice, anyway.
I'm pretty sure you could have read the last post before you wrote this :P
I wasn't trying to be rude, it's just that translating names of Pokemon isn't as important as translating the dialogue.
I am pretty sure they're copying and pasting the stuff from previous black/white translations first :) you can't do that with dialog. as far as I am aware they have to translate it manually and THEN make it fit in the message boxes somehow, which is an impressive, almost impossible feat.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
We have plenty of people translating. The dialogue is a lot more complex then most other things, so only a handful of people will be good at accurately translating the story. The project is on github, so anyone is welcome to give it a shot, but if you have no idea what you are doing, don't waste your time.

Yes we are using black/white to help us along the way, but a lot of new things are mixed in, so it only helps a bit with general things. Dialogue obviously will have to be done from the ground up, who knows when that will be finished.

Reactions: 1 person

soulek

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes we are using black/white to help us along the way, but a lot of new things are mixed in, so it only helps a bit with general things. Dialogue obviously will have to be done from the ground up, who knows when that will be finished.

This. I've noticed that the item maniacs from B/W are in B/W2 as well, but the things they say are slightly different. This is present in many other occasions as well. So copy and pasting is not really an option.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Why? There's going to only be three or four months to wait. I think we'll all live. I never understand when people feel like translating a game that has a confirmed localization coming.

Patch on the site is updated to v1.2, and it looks like there is a patch for both Black 2 and White 2 now, according to the file name. It has the new AP patch too, so there shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Enjoy!
Looks like someone's attitude has changed :ha:
Hey man, if they're intent on making it, I'm gonna at least help out those that want to use it. Telling people to enjoy it isn't support. Telling people a new patch is out isn't support. I just like to help people.

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited a little of the 1.3 english patch and fixed the item quantity bug and the menu where you can save is english now.
http://www.mediafire.com/?i0u8z2ek504nijo
first patch the game with the original 1.3 patch on a clean rom then insert the modified file to a/0/0/2 with nitro explorer

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
You know guys, if you're gonna translate stuff, do submit your translated work and fixes to pokestation's github, rather than waiting for the group to re-translate and fix stuff later.

If you are already, fantastic job.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India

If they focused on translating the dialogue from the beginning itself then I don't thin even the 1st patch would hv been out which would mean you'd be feeling more desperate about their progress.. Until and unless a group of people really skilled in both English and Japanese join up the progress of the dialogue translations will be very slow as compared to what they've been doing up till now..

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would use a automatic translator to translate everything that havnt been translated yet. Then, start changing to a better translation as people do it.

Just a thought

Storm101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why you guys are even bothering with the dialogue. Just do all the basic gameplay stuff to make the game playable. I don't think it's worth all the effort when the dialogue will be released officially in 4-5 months.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
I would use a automatic translator to translate everything that havnt been translated yet. Then, start changing to a better translation as people do it.

Just a thought
No, no, no, fuck no. Automatic translators are terrible. Most of the time they don't even get close. The grammar is also usually absolute shit. You NEVER use an automatic translator when translating anything. Never never never.

Reactions: 2 people

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country

Just a thought
No, no, no, fuck no. Automatic translators are terrible. Most of the time they don't even get close. The grammar is also usually absolute shit. You NEVER use an automatic translator when translating anything. Never never never.

Except if you only need a word translated ;d. Still word for word translating is much harder and time consuming then translating on your own. As then you will learn the language and u get the pace of the text.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, it would not be the final translation at all, if you got what I meant.

But people would, in theory, understand at least something ..as people do the real translation job

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it would not be the final translation at all, if you got what I meant.

But people would, in theory, understand at least something ..as people do the real translation job
I get what you meant, and still no. People wouldn't understand much of anything because it would be a garbled mess of Engrish. You would understand only a little, most would be incorrect, and it would make editing that much more work since they would spend at least two good translation days just inserting that gibberish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!