[Translation] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Helmax, Dec 22, 2017.

1. punyme

punyme Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2018
    Singapore
    -FIXED-

Last edited by punyme, Feb 23, 2018
  2. OakatGF

OakatGF Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2018
    France
    EDIT : Well sorry I'm dumb, sorry for the up

Last edited by OakatGF, Feb 26, 2018
  3. darkpyro786

darkpyro786 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2018
    United States
    Wichita, KS
    Does anyone know if this works with flashcarts like stargate 3ds with the latest firmware?

4. punyme

punyme Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2018
    Singapore
    ^^ Thanks for the translation. Love this game.

Last edited by punyme, Mar 3, 2018
    Helix Fossil likes this.
  5. pliploplupla

pliploplupla Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2018
    Spain
    Hello to everybody! First, thanks for your effort and your work with this translation, i love this game!
    Now i want to explain my problem,
    I installed a prepatched rom 100% english in a jap iso, and everything was ok, everything in english. But i had a roblem after update the game according to your indication:

8) Installing Official Update v1.1

a) Launch FBI on your 3DS, and the load the 3ds title keys site on your PC/Phone

b) Search for 0004000e0016ad00, and then click the "QR Code" Icon for the "Patch". The name should be "更新データ Ver. 1.1 DQM ジョーカー3" and it is serial "CTR-U-BJ3J"

c) Within FBI, launch the "Remote Install > Scan QR Code" feature, and scan the QR Code. It will prompt you to install titles from the CDN (answer yes to all).

d) You should now be able to launch version 1.1 of DQM Joker 3 in english, enjoy!

Now i can play, of course but only 75% of the text ingame are in english.. the rest is in japanese :(

Can i do something to fix it?

Thanks a lot of and congrats for your effort!

Regards

6. zombone

zombone Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    It sounds like you need to do steps 6 and 7 of the instructions from Helmax's first post. If you don't set up your SD card and Luma for game patching, the dlc update patch will revert some of the translation back to Japanese.

pliploplupla likes this.
  7. pliploplupla

pliploplupla Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2018
    Spain
    thanks for your quick answer, but.. i need to remove and install again or i can do now the steps 6 and 7?
    Can i lose my savedate?

8. pliploplupla

pliploplupla Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2018
    Spain
    Finally i have fixed the problem!!! thanks! I was doing exactly the same steps than in your guide!!! i feel veeery happy :D

zombone likes this.
  9. mozg

mozg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Russia
    Hello, I need help to confirm, that deleting "code.ips" solves main reason for game crashing when playing StreetPass battles, Local Multiplayer and Wi-Fi battle. I'm using Japanese version + Luma patch (Luma 9.0)

10. Helix Fossil

Helix Fossil DQ Fan Translator

May 16, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The code.ips is necessary and should never be deleted.

11. mozg

mozg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Russia
    I'm playing fine without it. After deleting this file, I can play most of Streetpass battles, Local Multiplayer and Wi-Fi battles.

12. Helix Fossil

Helix Fossil DQ Fan Translator

May 16, 2016
    United States
    New York
    You still shouldn't have deleted it, it's needed for luma to hook into the game properly.

13. mozg

mozg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Russia
    Just looked for other effects from deleting this file. Sometimes names (of monsters, items or skills) displayed shorter. Example: "Large Life seeds" with "code.ips", "Large Life see" without "code.ips". Since I completed main story, it will take time to find how deleting "code.ips" will affect main story progress. Anyway, this file responsible for game crashing while trying to play Streetpass battles, Local Multiplayer or Wi-Fi battles. Second reason, I think, monsters names, that appearing dead in PVE battles. I'm already mailed simple solution for dead monsters and stealth box crashes to teamtw3d@gmail.com 5 days ago.

Helix Fossil likes this.
  14. Danklad69

Danklad69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hey, I've been playing this translation for a few weeks and I've gotta say you've done a great job.
    One thing I'm having a bit of a problem with right now is the scouting challenge where you have to make a Moonlight Shogun. You need 4 dark skeletons, which each need a Skeleton Soldier, but the recipe for a Skeleton Soldier in the library is LMS+Perky Pelican and when I try that synthesis it doesn't make a Skeleton Soldier, just wondering if anyone knew what's up with that or a different way to make Skeleton Soldiers.
    Edit: A disc that has either Dark or Soldier Skeletons would be equally good

Last edited by Danklad69, Mar 17, 2018
  15. Potter12490

Potter12490 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    United States
    I am having an odd issue. Everything was going so good until I get in the room with the fuse machine. I have to talk to the king and I can NOT. I go near him and press A, the screen moves a little bit as to start the conversation but jumps back and cant talk to him.

16. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    IIRC Skeleton Soldiers are just regular (not sure what the word is for them if there is one) monsters that don't require specific parents for fusion. If you have a large amount of monsters and then search through all available fusions they should easily be there. The recipe should be as simple as A family x B family.
    That's a new bug. Since there hasn't been any new patches you would think someone would have mentioned it before... like all bugs in the game, I'd recommend temporarily turning off the game patching to bypass it.

17. Potter12490

Potter12490 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    United States

I tried with no patching, then I also tried removing 1.1 update, then tried original Japanese, and then original Japanese with 1.1 update....all the same.

18. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Hmm... if you'd like, you can backup your save then upload it somewhere. I'll try using it on my 3DS and see if I can get past it. If not you probably have a messed up save and will have to start again.

19. Potter12490

Potter12490 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    United States

Okay, It does seem to be save related I would think. Since I tried all those options it seems the only thing in common is my save. I will mess around with it a little more but might end up uploading it, if you don't mind looking into it.

20. Danklad69

Danklad69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yeah cheers man, Gigantes plus a fair few things makes them, thanks for that

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted