Homebrew Transferring EmuNAND savegames from different mSD

mouseno4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Long story short, i was running ReiNAND for my hacked 3DS as at the time (6 months ago) i was told it was the better option to hack my 3DS to run out of region CIA games with fan translation patches.

Problem was, it killed my ability to access the eshop, make purchases and play online.

Fast forward to yesterday, i decided to fix that with a completely new, bigger and faster memory card with a much better and up to date 3DS hack.

After a lengthy process installing Luma and arm9loadersomething on my brand new memory card, it is now complete and i am able to do everything i was able to with the EmuNAND but also access the eshop and play online.

I only own ONE 3DS and the EmuNAND was created for this specific 3DS, just as the new Luma and arm9loader was created specifically for this 3DS.

My old ReiNAND memory card is still 100% intact in the exact state i left it in. After spending hours trying to figure out how to make JKSM work to import the savegames from the old memory card without success, i am left with little option but to try to boot the EmuNAND memory card on the Luma/arm9loader hacked 3DS to try to install JKSM on it, export all the saves, reboot back into my newly hacked firmware and import them.

I have tried installing the CIA game, playing it, making a dummy savegame within the game itself, copying the savegames directly from memory card to memory card, overwriting the files, manually searching with JKSM but without a guide to follow, i am fumbling in the dark.

Here are the details. The 3DS is a N3DS XL running the latest firmware with Luma and arm9loader, homebrew, FBI, the game itself installed and ready for the savegame import, all on a 32gb SDHC.

Meanwhile, the old EmuNAND is still untouched on the old 16gb mSD. I tend to be a hoarder of files and so i never planned to delete, format or otherwise touch the old memory card ''just in case''.

So i am after hints or clues as to how to proceed.

mouseno4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am still trying to make this work.

So far, i have booted into the EmuNAND, added JKSM and used that to export the save files. Shut down, copied the folder within the JKSM for that game over to the same folder on the newer mSD card. Put the newer mSD back in the 3DS, booted up into the Luma firmware, opened JKSM and imported. Sort of worked. 2/6 of the save games were copied. The rest were not. Am wondering that since it copies only the first two save file slots of the 6, and that the game itself allows copying of savegames to different slots, repeating the process 3 times - each time moving the copied savegames to the empty slots 3-6.

I have also used the Save Data Backup feature and simply copied it to the new card before using data management to restore it. This did absolutely nothing.

mouseno4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After many many hours trying to get it working, i managed to copy all my savegames across.

It would have been nice to have received some help though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.