Hacking Transfer Saves from Commercial game to Cyclo?

spearman792

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm a new user to the Cyclo and have several games on a regular cart. I heard that there's a way to transfer or back up the save files to the CycloDS, but I'm not sure how.
Also, I'm not sure how to use the Real Time Save function on the Cyclo. I have the latest firmware, but on the menu, the RTS button is just gray and unclickable.
Any help would be appreciated!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you'd need a slot 2 card for this, or alternatively you can buy an Action Replay DS/GBA combo (the one that supports GBA cheats and DS saves only). The bad thing is that it won't work with games with large save files like Pokemon, and Animal Crossing requires a simple solder modification before it can work.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eepinator might work properly with the Cyclo Evo. If it does, it will be the simplest way to get the save from a commercial DS cart with just the Evo.

If it doesn't work (either the DS will reset when you plug the Evo back in, or it won't init the SD card), you can use the NDS Backup Tool. You'll need a wifi connection, an EZ-Flash 3-in-1, or a slot 2 flashcart with DLDI support (you could also run Eepinator from one of these).

You can also use Eepinator on the slot 1 cart, and a slot 2 flashcart with usable SRAM. You use Eepinator to copy the save from the DS game to the slot 2 cart's SRAM, restart the DS, restart Eepinator, and copy the save from the slot 2 SRAM to the filesystem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.