Transfer Saves from Commercial game to Cyclo?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by spearman792, Apr 22, 2008.

Apr 22, 2008
  1. spearman792
    OP

Newcomer spearman792 Member

United States
    Hey, I'm a new user to the Cyclo and have several games on a regular cart. I heard that there's a way to transfer or back up the save files to the CycloDS, but I'm not sure how.
    Also, I'm not sure how to use the Real Time Save function on the Cyclo. I have the latest firmware, but on the menu, the RTS button is just gray and unclickable.
    Any help would be appreciated!

2. CeePhour

Newcomer CeePhour Member

United States
    Hold Select when firing up your game (assuming you have it enabled in the menu in the first place, third icon on the main screen).

There have been discussion about dumping your SAV file many times before. This one will help : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=80648

3. spearman792
    OP

Newcomer spearman792 Member

United States
    thanks for the info, that helps a lot!

4. funnoam

Newcomer funnoam Member

France
    Hi !

I just found a new site, maybe it is interessant :

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

It just convert your savegame with any linker !

I think the savegame of commercial roms are 'RAW Format (.sav)', someone can confirm ?

@++

5. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    The ones I've extracted was in raw format.

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yeah you'd need a slot 2 card for this, or alternatively you can buy an Action Replay DS/GBA combo (the one that supports GBA cheats and DS saves only). The bad thing is that it won't work with games with large save files like Pokemon, and Animal Crossing requires a simple solder modification before it can work.

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Eepinator might work properly with the Cyclo Evo. If it does, it will be the simplest way to get the save from a commercial DS cart with just the Evo.

If it doesn't work (either the DS will reset when you plug the Evo back in, or it won't init the SD card), you can use the NDS Backup Tool. You'll need a wifi connection, an EZ-Flash 3-in-1, or a slot 2 flashcart with DLDI support (you could also run Eepinator from one of these).

You can also use Eepinator on the slot 1 cart, and a slot 2 flashcart with usable SRAM. You use Eepinator to copy the save from the DS game to the slot 2 cart's SRAM, restart the DS, restart Eepinator, and copy the save from the slot 2 SRAM to the filesystem.