Hacking Transfer saved games from DVD to USB

esalazar

Active Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
26
Trophies
0
XP
16
Country
Colombia
Hi,

I know how to transfer from one Wii to another Wii a saved game (not to backup a game, to transfer the savedgame).

But how to do it when the game is in a WBFS USB HDD? It originally was saved in another Wii, playing from a burned DVD, and I cant make it be loaded into the USB Loded one.

Any suggestion?
 

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
1,000
Trophies
1
Age
28
Location
USA, Earth, MilkyWay
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
696
Country
United States
esalazar said:
Hi,

I know how to transfer from one Wii to another a saved game.

But how to do it when the game is in a WBFS USB HDD? It originally was saved in another Wii, playing from a burned DVD, and I cant make it be loaded into the USB Loded one.

Any suggestion?


If you have the ISO on your computer, use a WBFS Manager (my favorite is WBFS Manager 3.0) and copy the ISO to your drive.
 

esalazar

Active Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
26
Trophies
0
XP
16
Country
Colombia
jceggbert5 said:
If you have the ISO on your computer, use a WBFS Manager (my favorite is WBFS Manager 3.0) and copy the ISO to your drive.



Sorry, I know that.

I mean the savedgame.
 

manias

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
1,258
Trophies
0
XP
143
Country
Netherlands
savedgames are not influenced by how the game is loaded, you know.. it doesn't care if it was on usb or dvd
 

esalazar

Active Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
26
Trophies
0
XP
16
Country
Colombia
manias said:
savedgames are not influenced by how the game is loaded, you know.. it doesn't care if it was on usb or dvd


Well, I played bloombox bash party from a burned DVD, it created a savedgame file.

Then I tried to play it from my USB, and all I did is lost.

Then played again from DVD and everything is there. All on the same Wii, of course.
 

esalazar

Active Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
26
Trophies
0
XP
16
Country
Colombia
xflak40 said:
r u sure both rips are of the same region? Pal games and NTSC games will have different save files even if its for the same game

They are both created from the same ISO. The DVD burned with imgburn, the USB loaded, created with WBFS Manager.
 

Skiller

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
150
Trophies
0
XP
213
Country
Canada
esalazar said:
xflak40 said:
r u sure both rips are of the same region? Pal games and NTSC games will have different save files even if its for the same game

They are both created from the same ISO. The DVD burned with imgburn, the USB loaded, created with WBFS Manager.
only time this happens is if One of the Tags where changed in the USB loader ..


RBKE69 Spielberg | EA BoomBlox
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: LG finally has a good ui for the remote app unbelievable