Transfer games etc from Updated Vita to HENkaku Vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by nanova, Aug 31, 2016.

1. nanova
    OP

nanova Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2016
    Italy
    I'm a newbie when it comes to Vita hacking, as until recently I had almost no interest on homebrews.
    I'd like to use HENkaku mostly for VitaPad, RetroArch, Moonlight and eventually fan translations. I still want to support devs and buy games and DLCs, but for that I need PSN access.

I already read the stickies and, if I understand correctly, the only reliable way to buy games is to use a PS3 and the QCMA trick. (Yes I know that the latest HENkaku build has PSN access, but I'd like a safe way to connect to PSN)
    Then I read this comment by zeroba:

from this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/downloading-games-on-ps3.438950/

Since I don't have a PS3, can I buy a second Vita, keep it updated and buy games and DLCs on the new one, then transfer those to my old HENkaku Vita?
    Is there any disadvantage compared to the PS3 trick?
    Are DLCs, updates and game saves transferrable?

I'm sorry if it seems like an obvious question, but I couldn't find a clear answer.

2. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    That should work.

The only disadvantage I can think of is that you can't use this to activate your HENkaku Vita in the case that it becomes deactivated and you don't have a backup.
    To be honest this is probably safer than using a PS3 because your HENkaku Vita might never be connecting to the internet or PSN at all.

Also, instead of buying a second Vita consider buying a PSTV. Chances are it will be cheaper for you.

nanova likes this.