Hacking Transfer games etc from Updated Vita to HENkaku Vita?

nanova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm a newbie when it comes to Vita hacking, as until recently I had almost no interest on homebrews.
I'd like to use HENkaku mostly for VitaPad, RetroArch, Moonlight and eventually fan translations. I still want to support devs and buy games and DLCs, but for that I need PSN access.

I already read the stickies and, if I understand correctly, the only reliable way to buy games is to use a PS3 and the QCMA trick. (Yes I know that the latest HENkaku build has PSN access, but I'd like a safe way to connect to PSN)
Then I read this comment by zeroba:

It's alright, I just turned my second vita into a PSN slave and use that to backup my games then transfer them to my other vita via QCMA on the PC.
Though, if you happen to figure this out, perhaps it'd be nice for people who don't have two vita's lying around but want their psn games.

from this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/downloading-games-on-ps3.438950/

Since I don't have a PS3, can I buy a second Vita, keep it updated and buy games and DLCs on the new one, then transfer those to my old HENkaku Vita?
Is there any disadvantage compared to the PS3 trick?
Are DLCs, updates and game saves transferrable?

I'm sorry if it seems like an obvious question, but I couldn't find a clear answer.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
That should work.

The only disadvantage I can think of is that you can't use this to activate your HENkaku Vita in the case that it becomes deactivated and you don't have a backup.
To be honest this is probably safer than using a PS3 because your HENkaku Vita might never be connecting to the internet or PSN at all.

Also, instead of buying a second Vita consider buying a PSTV. Chances are it will be cheaper for you.

Reactions: nanova

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?