'Train Simulator Classic 2024' launches on Steam

Screenshot_2024-05-24-07-28-33-226_com.microsoft.office.outlook-edit.jpg

To celebrate the 15th anniversary of Train Simulator Classic, Dovetail Games has released Train Simulator Classic 2024 on Steam. This version brings a free performance update, a new routes collection, and allows players to experience over 450 km of railways across five countries. The Deluxe Edition includes an exclusive '15th Anniversary Scenario Pack' with new scenarios and three iconic locomotives, including the LNER Peppercorn Class A2 'Blue Peter'.

In addition, the Rail Subscription service was introduced. This offers the base game and a selection of DLC £8.99/month (out of the 700 DLCs the game has). It is priced at £24.99 for the Standard Edition and £34.99 for the Deluxe Edition.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This did not just launch on steam. They simply renamed their "Train Simulator Classic" to "Train Simulator Classic 2024", as they do on a yearly basis:
https://steamdb.info/app/24010/history/?filterkey=518
presumably in an effort to make it appear more "recent" than it is, instead of the 2009 game it actually is.
That, and trying to establish a subscription model, that's shockingly expensive for what it is.
Post automatically merged:

This game showed up in my library uninvited, I swear I've never interacted with this game whatsoever
you probably, at some point, added the game to your library when it was free and only called "Train Simulator Classic", or "Train Simulator 2022", "2021", "2020", "2019", "2017", "2016", "2016: Steam Edition", "2015", "2014", "2014: Steam Edition" or "2013".

The game has been given away free at some point, possible multiple times in july of last year:
https://steamdb.info/app/24010/

It's also been bundled in various humble bundles as early as 2016:
https://barter.vg/i/2412/

This is non-news. In other news, I put on socks this morning.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imagine paying a monthly fee to play this train simulator. unless ur using this for business i dont see the point and think this is complete garbage having so many dlc in a game. simps love giving up their money.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
who the fuck plays this boring AF shit?! oh noz my trains are running late ima have a nervous breakdown playing this! it's not the worst simulator game on there though not even close i dare you to go search :P

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen enough "Wii Game Simulators" already.

No real shading and lighting, visuals are too crisp for low res textures.
This one however is however kinda alright but, still... How many simulator 20XX games do we need? Just go fuckin' do the real thing and get paid for it.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This did not just launch on steam. They simply renamed their "Train Simulator Classic" to "Train Simulator Classic 2024", as they do on a yearly basis

That explains why I already have it on my library.

It says something that a Nintendo 64 game in Japanese is best that this.

I freaking WISH. These games are a far cry from Densha de Go.

There is an English patch for the Nintendo 64 game, just saying.

Last edited by raxadian,

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That explains why I already have it on my library.

It says something that a Nintendo 64 game in Japanese is best that this.

There is an English patch for the Nintendo 64 game, just saying.
There's also a PC version that's really good, but it's not on steam. The official company threw it on a plug-and-play device that doesn't even have save support lol.

I have the PS4 version which is good enough, but I'd love to actually pay them for the PC version.

Reactions: raxadian

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another train sim? I think there are 50 train simulators on the switch. I believe there is actually a simulator of a train simulator for the switch.
Does this one come with hobos and railyard bulls?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want money too I should upload Ai videos of Psi getting laid +1