Hacking Trading from rom to real cart in Pokemon Black & White

Walrus-Chan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So earlier today a friend of mine and I were gonna trade pokemon to evolve them and then trade them back but whenever we went into the union room it didn't detect us both being in there, and when we tried to use the infrared to trade it didn't work either. Were we doing something wrong or is it impossible to trade pokemon from a rom to a real cart?

Mondegreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it's probably copy-protection on the rom. Also, IR will never work on a rom because the IR transmitter is built into the cartridge.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just traded Pokemon with my classmate via the Union Room (wireless) today. It does work, but make sure you're both using Pokemon Black/White. That seems like a stupid thing to say, but Pokemon BW will NOT see people in the Union Room with HG/SS (at least, that's the extent to what I tested).

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Lacius said:
The infrared will never work with a flashcart. The Union Room should work, however.

Exactly what I thought. The union room should work on a flashcart.
What flashcart are you using?
EDIT: Forgot to mention, check if the DS's settings have 'Wireless Communications' ON.
If it's on already, check if wireless communications are enabled from the flashcart settings.

Walrus-Chan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using AK2i with AKAIO 1.85a on a DSiXL. I feel like an idiot for not realizing I had to have Wireless Communications on...I'll check again tomorrow when I see my friend before work.

Skyline969 said:
I just traded Pokemon with my classmate via the Union Room (wireless) today. It does work, but make sure you're both using Pokemon Black/White. That seems like a stupid thing to say, but Pokemon BW will NOT see people in the Union Room with HG/SS (at least, that's the extent to what I tested).
Yeah I heard that it doesn't see people using HG/SS. My rom is black version and he has a copy of white version.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Walrus-Chan said:
I'm using AK2i with AKAIO 1.85a on a DSiXL. I feel like an idiot for not realizing I had to have Wireless Communications on...I'll check again tomorrow when I see my friend before work.

Skyline969 said:
Yeah I heard that it doesn't see people using HG/SS. My rom is black version and he has a copy of white version.
My friend that I traded with had legit White and I had a ROM of White. Anyways, update your flashcard to the newest firmware it has and also ensure that both of you have wireless enabled, which has been said in previous posts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill