Trading from rom to real cart in Pokemon Black & White

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Walrus-Chan, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Walrus-Chan
    OP

Member Walrus-Chan Advanced Member

United States
    So earlier today a friend of mine and I were gonna trade pokemon to evolve them and then trade them back but whenever we went into the union room it didn't detect us both being in there, and when we tried to use the infrared to trade it didn't work either. Were we doing something wrong or is it impossible to trade pokemon from a rom to a real cart?

2. Mondegreen

Newcomer Mondegreen Advanced Member

Australia
    Well it's probably copy-protection on the rom. Also, IR will never work on a rom because the IR transmitter is built into the cartridge.

3. Walrus-Chan
    OP

United States
    Well darn. Guess I'll have to go out and get an actual copy of the game sooner then I wanted to :/

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The infrared will never work with a flashcart. The Union Room should work, however.

5. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    I just traded Pokemon with my classmate via the Union Room (wireless) today. It does work, but make sure you're both using Pokemon Black/White. That seems like a stupid thing to say, but Pokemon BW will NOT see people in the Union Room with HG/SS (at least, that's the extent to what I tested).

6. TheTwoR's

Member TheTwoR's Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D

Belgium
    Exactly what I thought. The union room should work on a flashcart.
    What flashcart are you using?
    EDIT: Forgot to mention, check if the DS's settings have 'Wireless Communications' ON.
    If it's on already, check if wireless communications are enabled from the flashcart settings.

7. Walrus-Chan
    OP

United States
    I'm using AK2i with AKAIO 1.85a on a DSiXL. I feel like an idiot for not realizing I had to have Wireless Communications on...I'll check again tomorrow when I see my friend before work.

Yeah I heard that it doesn't see people using HG/SS. My rom is black version and he has a copy of white version.

8. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    My friend that I traded with had legit White and I had a ROM of White. Anyways, update your flashcard to the newest firmware it has and also ensure that both of you have wireless enabled, which has been said in previous posts.