kirbydragon

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this on GameFAQs, but like recent posts seem to show, I can't seem to expect much from them :\

"This is probably going to fairly long to read, so many thanks in advance.
Yesterday I used alcohol to clean my touch screen, and it malfunctioned like it sometimes did before. I usually let it dry but this time I decided to clean the area between the casing and the touch screen. I used a folded piece of paper for this. It got dirt out but also some sort of black material. Sadly I've learned that the black material seems to be some sort of internal padding. It also got some of the alcohol, but even after I let it dry it still malfunctioned.

I decided to disassemble my DS, and atm it is partially disassembled. I cleaned the touch screen for what I couldn't see before because casing, and the black padding. The black padding is now somewhat torn probably due to the paper though, so this may be causing problems. I used alcohol again to clean so maybe something is still wet, but I doubt it. I'm thinking about removing the black padding entirely, but I hope that idea isn't foolish.

I've tested how bad the touch screen is malfunctioning with Bleach DS Second. To access the game's main menu, you have to press a button or anywhere on the screen. Sometimes it randomly activates due to the malfunction. The game gives you an option to draw/trace an image to unlock things. It gives access to the whole touch screen to scribble in things and so far this is how my DS is working:

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.p...bum=&fullsize=1

That's my "beautifully" made sketch of what's wrong with my DS.

It seems like the top left corner is always "touched". When I touch the bottom right corner of the screen what's "touched" is that lower right circle in my sketch. When I make a straight line from the top right corner to the bottom, a curve is made instead. The curve stays consistent if I try to make a straight vertical line anywhere on the screen. A horizontal line made by me is shown slightly diagonal on the DS. Again any horizontal line made is affected. So I have no access anything outside the area made by the curve and the diagonal horizontal line in the image. It works fine but the area my DS interprets is scrunched in.

Please help me out. Many thanks again for reading."

Cheers.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The touch screen always hit in the top left corner seems to be a common malfunction. My friend has done a similar process to his touch screen (used Brasso instead, but they probably have the same effects). There is probably no easy fix to this problem, so I suggest you go on eBay and try to find a replacement part (search Nintendo DS [Lite] digitizer), especially since you've already taken your DS apart.

kirbydragon

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks for your reply. Someone has also told me to look for a replacement, but I still have one thing that's stopping me. Can the padding cause any malfunctions? I don't want to buy a replacement and still have it malfunctioning. I've asked the same person mentioned earlier this question, but I have yet to get a reply. He's actually the person who did the Zelda mod(s?) that showed up on gbatemp's main page recently

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Many thanks for your reply. Someone has also told me to look for a replacement, but I still have one thing that's stopping me. Can the padding cause any malfunctions? I don't want to buy a replacement and still have it malfunctioning. I've asked the same person mentioned earlier this question, but I have yet to get a reply. He's actually the person who did the Zelda mod(s?) that showed up on gbatemp's main page recently

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi