Hardware White lines on touchscreen

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since a few months the touch screen of my DS Lite has been getting white, horizontal lines.
First, there was only one at the bottom of the screen, but later on more lines gradually started appearing. It's becoming more and more unplayable. Some backlight bleeding in the corners is also happening.

To be precise, the touch screen still works, even the parts of the screen where the lines have appeared. Still, before long, I expect the entire screen to be covered in these lines.

Does anyone recognize this issue and, if so, what do you suggest I do?

Attachments

• IMG_20230316_213019.jpg
    IMG_20230316_213019.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • Sad
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all:
Touch panel and LCD are two independent parts. Touch perfectly working even on completely failed LCD isn't surprising (or vice versa).

Looks like a lot of dead lines. There is not much you can do. Verify good connection of the LCD cable to motherboard.

Try a another LCD. They aren't expensive. Note that repairing DS requires patience and care (and you probably will have some dust in between the new LCD and the touch panel).

Reactions: SaddQ

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try a another LCD. They aren't expensive. Note that repairing DS requires patience and care (and you probably will have some dust in between the new LCD and the touch panel).

Any suggestions for a good LCD screen?

I have seen many cheap screens for sale on AliExpress. Most of those seem to have the touch panel and LCD already attached to each other. Is that a good enough option?

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(and you probably will have some dust in between the new LCD and the touch panel).
To prevent dust, do the installation in a high-humidity environment. Either run a humidifier in a small room with the door shut or do it in the bathroom after a shower (no exhaust fan, windows/doors closed).

Reactions: SaddQ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1