Hacking Totally new to switch hacking, have questions.

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, I just bought prehacked switch few days ago. Usually, I hack my devices(3ds/vita) myself using guides and guidance from fellow posters from gbatemp(3ds/vita) section. This time, under certain circumtances I had to buy a prehacked one..and i am somewhat afraid to do anything with it.. I am going to describe the hacks of my switch.

1) it doesnt turn on properly with power on button and I have to put a "NS-atmosphere" dongle(I got it with the package) into the usb before it would turn on..why is it like this? How do you turn this setting off?and should you turn this off? Is it good already?

2)in order access homebrew, i had to click the user picture. Can there be other alternative? I would like to change the pic and rename the username, is it ok while it is still being used as shortcut to homebrew?

3)there are many homebrews like kosmos pack, tinfoil, goldleaf,etc.. do you recommend me to start over freshly and delete these?are these safe to delete? Btw the firmware is at 8.1.0, I cant find the version of the cfw(seems to be atmosphere or kosmos perhaps?).

4) What safely precautions should I take to prevent myself from bricking and losing homebrews? Anything important to back up(like 3ds NAND)?

Thank you.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. Because autorcm. It pretty mich bricks your switch so it boots to rcm whenever it tries to boot. and in order to get from rcm, you need to force shutdown it or push payload and boot.
you can turn it off vie hekate (in tools). Of you turn it off, you will need to use the jig to get into rcm when you want to get into cfw.

2. You can use any entry you want as long as you hold R. Depends on your settings.

3. I'd suggest using stock ams and sigpatches, but you can go with kosmos pack (all in one pack of homebrews and cfws).

4. Backup your NAND before doing anything.

Reactions: miss_nakano

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. Because autorcm. It pretty mich bricks your switch so it boots to rcm whenever it tries to boot. and in order to get from rcm, you need to force shutdown it or push payload and boot.
you can turn it off vie hekate (in tools). Of you turn it off, you will need to use the jig to get into rcm when you want to get into cfw.

2. You can use any entry you want as long as you hold R. Depends on your settings.

3. I'd suggest using stock ams and sigpatches, but you can go with kosmos pack (all in one pack of homebrews and cfws).

4. Backup your NAND before doing anything.

1)I see..so it was deliberately set this way. I will let it stay this way(it is safe right?)

2)Can i change the picture/rename the username safely?

3)thanks but I have no idea what stock arms and sigpatches are..there is a kosmos pack in the menu though should I click on it?

4)how do you do this?

Do you recommend me to start fresh?how do I start fresh(since this is prehacked already with many things)?Can I just delete stuffs?

Thank you.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1)I see..so it was deliberately set this way. I will let it stay this way(it is safe right?)

2)Can i change the picture/rename the username safely?

3)thanks but I have no idea what stock arms and sigpatches are..there is a kosmos pack in the menu though should I click on it?

4)how do you do this?

Do you recommend me to start fresh?how do I start fresh(since this is prehacked already with many things)?Can I just delete stuffs?

Thank you.
1. It is safe.
2. Yes, as long as you are not using custom avatars and go online with them.
3. That menas that you would download bare atmosphere and then add sigpatches tourself. The kosmos pack that you are probably using just putts it all together.
4. Hekate - tools - backup.
You can delete homebrews if you want.
If you want to start from scratch, delete everything but the Nintendo folder from your sd, download ams and put sigpatches on your sd. Then use fusee_primary.bin to load ams. Done.

Reactions: miss_nakano

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Kubas, I have another question..I'd like to swap my old microsd(from the seller) to my bigger one. It seems that he put all of the files into the microsd, I thought the switch has internal storage?Can I copy all the files to internal storage or should I copy them to my new microsd? Should I enable viewing hidden files from Windows before copying? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)