Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I wanted to know how much I could get out of a V1, hacked switch (with atmosphere).
The Switch is possible banned (haven't tested), and I sell it with a working RCM loader (with the dongle)

As for the Switch itself, it is in good shape, and fully working.

With today's market, how much do you think I should expect (from someone who knows how hacked Switches work)

Thanks

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone brought up a point valid or not, it's worth a though. Having 2 of any modified consoles, second being backup for any catastrophic failure of the first unit... your comments?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone brought up a point valid or not, it's worth a though. Having 2 of any modified consoles, second being backup for any catastrophic failure of the first unit... your comments?
not a valid when it comes to the price. I have no idea what he will do with it and it is not my business

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like you I have a V1 unpatched, it's a compete system w/ it's own dock (thought does cross my mind, to sell or not though I feel it's the point of no return since nin+end0 next gen is around the corner) It's my longtime backup now (collecting dust), since getting/modding my V2... dreading that inevitable day.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like you I have a V1 unpatched, it's a compete system w/ it's own dock (thought does cross my mind, to sell or not though I feel it's the point of no return since nin+end0 next gen is around the corner) It's my longtime backup now (collecting dust), since getting/modding my V2... dreading that inevitable day.
well, I haven't touched my Switch in months now. My PC is more than capable of handling Switch games on Ryujinx.

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by hacked?

Unpatched?

Mod chipped?

Unpatched consoles from Japan sell on Ebay for $130 to $200 USD depending on its condition.

Patched consoles sell for about $80+ USD. So, the premium of unpatched is at least $50 USD up to whatever someone is willing to pay.

Now, if you're also going to include the dock, joy cons, wrist straps, grips, adapter, hdmi, etc... whatever accessories came with the OEM package -- then, that's going to add to the value.

Although, it might be worth researching how much you could get if you parted everything out and sold them separately?

It's probably going to be less than the price of a modded V2.

Post automatically merged:

well, I haven't touched my Switch in months now. My PC is more than capable of handling Switch games on Ryujinx.

How stable are the Switch emulators these days? Do most of the games work on them?

I tried them last year but the experience wasn't too hot.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Unpatched?

Mod chipped?

Unpatched consoles from Japan sell on Ebay for $130 to $200 USD depending on its condition.

Patched consoles sell for about $80+ USD. So, the premium of unpatched is at least $50 USD up to whatever someone is willing to pay.

Now, if you're also going to include the dock, joy cons, wrist straps, grips, adapter, hdmi, etc... whatever accessories came with the OEM package -- then, that's going to add to the value.

Although, it might be worth researching how much you could get if you parted everything out and sold them separately?

How stable are the Switch emulators these days? Do most of the games work on them?

Unpatched V1, modded with Atmosphere and, as I said, I include a working RCM loader/injector (with the little dongle)
I also include the original pair of Joy-cons (neon red and blue), the dock, I don't think I have the straps nor the grip. I can always include an HDMI wire, but is that really gonna add any real values? And of course, the charger.
I also have the original box (don't know if it has any value, does it?)

As for the emulators, they are very stable IMHO, but maybe my PC specs are just overkill for it (?), idk.
Can use ryujinx on most nintendo games in 4k

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It probably depends on your area. Like in my country, it's not sold that expensive. Like a V1 with a 256 card is sold for like $215 with an OLED sold at $310.

Probably best to compare to eBay/Craigs list prices.

I think it still has a high value since a lot of people do not have access to someone who can install the picofly.

@madisonswitch, emulators work well enough for popular games. Some games flat out don't work or crash in my experience. Like I tested Fenix Immortal Rising on both emulators and they both crash before starting the game. I think it's due to it not providing support for Ubisoft's net access. I've had other games with no display at all after starting the game.

I would say most games work well enough. If it's popular enough, it will probably work with some graphic glitches. Like you can kind of replace a Switch with it for most games if you don't plan to use original hardware. Connecting joycons as a pair is a pain in my experience for games that use motion, which is kind of a shame.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
CA market is weird but fun, v1 unpatched holds the value around 300 from major market place yet, v2 or later modded device price drops and the margin between v1 or Mariko getting less.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello,

I wanted to know how much I could get out of a V1, hacked switch (with atmosphere).
The Switch is possible banned (haven't tested), and I sell it with a working RCM loader (with the dongle)

As for the Switch itself, it is in good shape, and fully working.

With today's market, how much do you think I should expect (from someone who knows how hacked Switches work)

Thanks
I can give you 5 usd and a chocolate chip cookie

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It definitely be worth $200+ with all you've included. As a buyer, my concerns with it would be battery life, controller drift, and of course whether it is banned or not.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: HawaiianInTown

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Unpatched?

Mod chipped?

New games typically have minor glitches or crashes, Yuzu doesn't work on fixing them until a game's official launch date so Ryujinx tends to work better with leaks.
These issues quickly get fixed though, any game that has been out for more than a week or so typically works very well. I have a hacked V1, and still prefer to play Switch games on emulator, since demanding games run much better (easily hitting 60 FPS) than on real hardware, while simultaneously running at a higher resolution (1440p/4K)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: madisonswitch

ASCiiDiTY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
£130-140 for a tablet only. Though I've managed to pick up quite a few for around £80, by either low balling make an offer, or buying from people who have no idea what unpatched is and asking them for the serial number. Best way is to just filter by completed listings when searching unpatched switch on ebay to see what they are fetching. They go for a lot more already setup with an sd card, at least joy cons, and a usb c cable or charger. Full setup with RCM loader, joy cons, hdmi cable, charger etc.. dock, I'd say £250-300.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i paid around 200$ a year ago for my full box 5+/6 condition and a battery that year later is still like new :X but I was looking for it for about 3 weeks :X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto