Hacking Top shell piece slightly curved- possible fix?

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The outer piece of the top screen shell from a replacement kit I've installed has a very slight curve to it. It's noticable when the system is closed. I have an idea to possible correct this but-

there is a fair amount of strong double-sides adhesive included with these kits. The top screen adhesive frame piece has a big block of the stuff in the center which is trimmed around but left on the sheet. Would I be safe to put that in the interior of the shell and press down firm once it's in place to adhere the shell down to keep it flat? My concern is putting undue stress on the top screen as the adhesive would bond the shell to the back of the screen. If the shell's curve is too much and refuses to stay down, anyway.

D

Deleted User

I understand what your are saying about stress put on the screen, can you post some photos so we can look at the shell.

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rougeds1.jpg

That is the shell replacement I did. 2 kits plus existing parts. A close-up photo is going to be impossible with my camera. It's a 3 MP and anything up close is a blurry mess. The curve is about 1 millimeter upward in the center. The corners sit flat but you can notice the curve with the lid closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.