Top Screen of DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Maz7006, Jun 5, 2010.

Jun 5, 2010

Top Screen of DS Lite by Maz7006 at 6:25 AM (1,572 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    So recently when i've been playing some games, i get an annoying constant/flickering white line near the bottom of the top screen.

It later developed into the flickering of he whole screen, its as if the whole screen is vibrating (not literally, but i think you get my point)

What is the possible problem behind this issue ?

I charged it, and banged the top whilst it was closed and it seems to have done the job for now i suppose, but has anyone experienced this and how did you fix it ?

Thanks for all the help.

2. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    Could be that the ribbon cable was damaged somehow and so the connection is a bit severed?

Did you drop your DS recently that could have caused something to break on the inside?

3. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    i do recall quite a nasty drop, but that was some 2 months ago, plus if anything problems should have started from that instant... these issues only started since last week.

im guessing it has to do with something loose, i suppose i should crack it open and see, but for now its working again.

anyway thanks for the suggestion.

4. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Update + Bump:

the problem is back again, that being the screen is stuttering wildy and the white lines from the bottom

ive noticed every time i press with my 2 thumbs on the bottom corners of the top screen it works again.

so this is definitely an issue from the inside

before i crack it open does anyone have any idea what it is ?

5. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Top Screen - replace it and everything should be fine

6. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    thought so... meh its been three years i guess its time for it break... yet i realzied that when i charge it, and play for 2 hours or so everything is fine, but its after 2 hours that the flickering comes again, can it possbily be the battery ? [​IMG]
    thanks for your reply

7. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    I had the same problem but mine was in warranty so I sent it to Nintendo and fixed it