Top 10 worst moments in games

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. People constantly picking Maka wuhu in MK7 and using the glitch.
2. Grind for hours and some random op creature pops up and kills you *xenoblade chronicles*
3. Helping someone in MHTri who then leaves after promising to help me/someone else with a quest.
4. Used the plume in Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume too much and then get murdered by an angel.
5. Sonic 1-3, drowning
That's about it

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1- Saving a game just before last boss fight and the power going down right exactly while it's saving... Made the save file corrupt, and made me lose interest in that game.. (reason why I now always have two or three save slots) .>
4- Finishing a 60+ hour long rpg with 98% completion and realising the remaining 2% were really simple stuff that were overlooked.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The "Lost Forever" trope

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LostForever

Also frequently referred to as being "missable," the dreaded Lost Forever is a game play component (such as an item, weapon, Side Quest, character, or plot event) that can become permanently inaccessible after a certain point in the game, therefore being "lost forever" if you miss them during the period in which they are available.

Reactions: 1 person

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any game where 1 simple mistake can screw you over for the rest of the game, or force you to restart. Happened to me in Demon Souls, and happened to a friend via a glitch in Dark Souls.

Any rival battle in Pokemon games (Because when your playing the game for the first time, it ALWAYS happens when your pokemon are halfway in a coma already)

Dumbass deaths that make no damn sense considering everything you can do outside of cutscenes (If a character can get hit by dozens of swords in a row, and be revived after getting blown to smithereens, how in the hell is a simple arrow a 100% death sentence)

Glitchers/Hackers in any damn game. Dont see the point of it, unless your life is so sad that all you can do is make other people angry in an online game just for the heck of it.

Fighting games with extremely unbalanced characters (Capcom is the king of this, especially considering they like to buff strong characters, and nerf weaker ones that had very few things going for them)

Bosses in SNK Fighting games, especially KoF2001

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
_ In One Piece Gigant Battle! 2, when you're in the Battle Royale mode, battle 5 (final round) all the opponents get a good amount of boost on their attack and defense(It's okay) but super-totally unfair of usage of the secret move(Unlimited). Almost everytime when I played it, I witnessed the enemies used off their secret move which supposedly will cost all their GP and will take some time for 'em to charge it back on the other enemies, it turned back to me just when I dashed over to fight 'em fair 'n' square, they used it ONCE AGAIN WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS YOU USED CHEATS!!! That's it, my 2.70 of HP would just get reduced to something like 0.30 if I got it. Mostly from Enel/Zoro/Ace/Aokoji. And it's kind of an end on that game too unless you're lucky the lastly-left enemy don't spam them which is unblockable. Anyone who played it should know what I'm talking 'bout I guess hmm..

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RPGs that have the enemy scale with your leveling. (What's the damn reason you can level then?! )
So that you can become stronger and gain new abilities and the like. Scaling is there so you can't 1-hit kill everything. It's there to make the world feel as if it's not static, as if it's growing with you. It's there to keep a game playable after completion, and to keep it fun and challenging even when you're a really high level.

I don't think you know what I'm talking about. I don't mean as you progress the enemies get harder. If they didn't do that, the game would get nerfed far too quickly. I'm talking about games like FF VIII, where if you level up, every enemy in the game levels up too. There's no such thing as "oh, if I grind a little, this hard bad guy won't be so bad", no sense of accomplishment for working at the game, and no damn reason to even have a level system.

D

Deleted-236924

10. "Your princess is in another castle!"
I think it'd be the opposite.
Trust me, SMB1 would be one of the worst games if it only had 4 levels.
Unless they designed the game with demi-bosses instead of Bowsers in each castle.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one...

When people try to tell you what The World Ends with You is about and give away this major spoiler:

Neku and the other players are dead.

I thought it was something that was going to be revealed fairly early in the game so I wasn't worried about it. Then I found out that it actually takes a little while before it tells you :/

Reactions: 2 people

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When there's a save function on the 'load game' screen, and you accidentally save after you've died.

35kywo.jpg

Bonus points if you didn't have a backup save.

More bonus points if you can guess what game this DIDN'T (It really didn't. Don't ask. I just thought this up. I swear) happen to me with, just from my post.

D

Deleted-236924

When they didn't remake FF III for GBA, but remade FF I, FF II, FF IV, FF V and FF VI.
A GBA remake would have been a lot better than the current DS version (Which is still nice.)
That's because I like the grid-based movement better than the 'free movement' for those games.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When they didn't remake FF III for GBA, but remade FF I, FF II, FF IV, FF V and FF VI.
A GBA remake would have been a lot better than the current DS version (Which is still nice.)
That's because I like the grid-based movement better than the 'free movement' for those games.
But that's not a worst moment in a game. What you're talking about is something different.

D

Deleted-236924

But that's not a worst moment in a game. What you're talking about is something different.
I'm not the only one who posted something that happened outside the game.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not the only one who posted something that happened outside the game.
Oh.

Well, I guess the thread has derailed then. I should change the first post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.