Top 10 Games I Think Companies Don't Care About Anymore

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by WatagiKankens, Aug 9, 2012.

1. WatagiKankens
    OP

Newcomer WatagiKankens Member

First of all I meant to say top 5
    Now before I get hate quotes, these are my opinions and plus, this is actually a list of games that are good but the companies that made them barely even talks about them or is just has bad excuses for not releasing or localizing it.
    #1: Parappa the Rapper
    This series hasn't had a "new" game in 10 years and all they have done is put him in PS allstars which doesn't count at all
    #2: Earthbound/MOTHER
    This game could have at least had a remake, oh yeah! it did. BUT THOSE LITTLE ICE SUCKERS DIDN'T GIVE IT TO AMERICA NOR EUROPE. also the canceled earthbound 64 but made it into a gba game but NOA was too lazy to localize it
    3# Super Mario Sunshine
    Pikmin is about to get a sequel, Luigi's Mansion is. oh! whatever could be missing? oh yeah, SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE! they could have at least made a remake, it would sell like hotcakes and using a pointer would make the game way more easy to play.
    #4:Puyo Pop
    Its like sega doesn't want us to play puyo pop anymore because they haven't translated any of the old games and put them on virtual console (or something) and they have made anniversary editions and puyo pop 7 but hasn't localized them yet.
    #5: Retro Game Challenge
    We didn't get the game just because of its sales. So they're saying if they don't get it right on the first try they won't try again

2. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Road Rash! When was the last game made for it?

The last good one that I know of was for the Playstation and all I have seen since then are some cool looking video's on youtube of a beta or prototype....

Edit:

But yeah also I agree about Super Mario Sunshine, I liked that one I think even a bit more than Mario Galaxy.

1 person likes this.
  3. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You missing 5 off your list?

About #1. One could have said the same thing with Pit in Brawl, but we found out later he got a new game to himself.

4. gamefan5

Member gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada

5. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    On that note this website has one of the best write ups on the issue if anyone is interested.

6. LockeCole_101629

Member LockeCole_101629 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    just curious did those games sold well?
    I do like puyopop, but you know... most people prefer tetris over it.

also instead puyopop I more interested with Super Puzzle Fighter
    [​IMG]

Edit: I didn't know there's a remake for x360

7. BrianXP7

Member BrianXP7 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Don't forget Tomodachi Collection. How about they just remove the speech synthesizer completely or replace it with Animalese-like gibberish and add subtitles. Won't be as good but at least it's almost as playable. It's a good replacement for Mii Maker/Plaza for those who doesn't have a 3DS yet.

8. WatagiKankens
    OP

Also I hope the companies of these games prove that im wrong and bring them back from the brink.

For earthbound they should just make a mother 4 or something. Parappa the Rapper, they should make at least make an anniversary edition with both 1&2 and umjammer lammy because they all are hard to find nowadays. For puyo pop they should just not make so many copies for that reason. Retro Game Challenge, They need to work on advertisement because I never heard about it until classic game room reviewed it, Super Mario Sunshine, I just felt that its unfair that luigi's mansion gets an "actual" sequel but not sunshine.

9. gamefan5

Member gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    Mother 3 was the last of the trilogy. That's where the story ends. XD

10. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    How is Super Mario Sunshine not cared about? It's part of a franchise and was succeeded by Super Mario Galaxy. Besides Sunshine was pretty bad.

Also IDGAF about like most of these franchises.

11. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Only games that actually sell very well will get a sequel, due to the production costs it could turn out to be a financial ruin for a developer.

12. BrianXP7

Member BrianXP7 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Remember F.L.U.D.D. It's so gimmicky! I rather just run and stomp on Goombas on a 3D world, it's more linear! I other than that I actually do like Sunshine.

And there show be a remake of the Mother series if t can't be continued to 4.

Retro Game Challenge would sell better if they also had the TV show here in the US.

Puzzle games are just fun, why you play a FREAKIN' COLORFUL PUZZLE GAME!

For those that aren't popular enough, make it downloadable like New Super Mario Bros. 2.

13. Crimsonclaw111

Member Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1.Classic Megaman (or X) doesn't even exist anymore to Capcom at the moment.
    2.Shenmue hasn't been mentioned (bar a cameo from Ryo in SAR on his bike), and the series is still on a cliff hanger.
    3.Bomberman used to be a yearly franchise but hasn't been seen since 2010's XBLA release.
    4.F-Zero hasn't seen a game in a pretty long time, but hopefully may change on Wii U.

I can't think of a fifth entry right now.

14. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Super Mario Sunshine is a game that hasn't been remade because the "New Play Control" titles didn't do too well and Nintendo prefers to be one gen behind when porting games to their handhelds hence why they only have done N64 games for 3DS. I'm sure we'll see it on Wii U. Also Nintendo aren't like other companies, with its "core" titles it tends to not do too many sequels unless they feel it's right and ANOTHER thing this game was Miyamoto's, it's probably up to him if we have a sequel and if he wanted one he'd might want to do it himself...and he's busy making a unannounced Wii U game and over seeing a shitload of games.

The rest, well if they don't sell or cost too much to develop then why would a company want to? It's business sense, look at all those people who were begging for Xenoblade Chronicles to come out in the States...yep not many people bought it hence why Nintendo agreed to let someone else publish The Last Story. Fans asking for something is a lot different to fans buying something.

Anyway enough muttering...my ones.
    1. Ristar. They just fart a rom of the Mega Drive game out on various compilations, and the cameos are pitiful.
    2. Drill Dozer. Fantastic GBA game that Nintendo didn't seem to be interested in it upon release or after, instead they let the developers make yet more Pokemon games. Didn't even get a release in PAL territories.

15. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents. Such excellent games, but we haven't had a new one since 2007. The game still lives on through osu! but that's not really fair. iNiS needs to go and do another game that's not Lips!

16. WatagiKankens
    OP

Bomberman: The reason why they don't make so many entries is because japan has gotten way to many in one year. theres over 20 bomberman games made but I do admit, THAT GAME WAS AWSOME!

Megaman: I never played megaman or seen a lets play of it so I have nothing to say about it

F-zero: That game was revolutionary, but I think they got discouraged because of all the rip-offs that came out

Drill Dozer: (What I just said about mega man)

Elite Beat Agents: But isn't osu better? Theres even something like osu called stepmania except its like ddr which only discontinued because of the wii and kinects dancing games like just dance, but I do feel you, its just not the same.

Ristar: That game was interesting, did it have a sequel because I've only played the first entry but what I wonder is why he wasn't is sega allstar tennis and racing? hmm, maybe he'll be in the next sega allstars racing. but overall like I said before I hope they bring these game back from the brink just like they did with kid icarus : uprising

17. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Stop making these shit threads outside of the EOF.

1 person likes this.
  18. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Name one F-Zero rip off please. The only thing relatively close to F-Zero off the top of my head is Wipeout.

19. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    NEC had a game like it for GC, and there was FAST Racing League on Wii.

20. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Can't say I've heard of either of those honestly.

Also, for the OP, General Gaming Discussion isn't your personal blog, we do have a blog section if you want to write these column sort of things.