villadelfia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For anyone that cares:

I made a couple of patches that patch the _DS_MENU.DAT file to autoboot the file "YSMENU.NDS" instead of "DEFAULT.NDS"

The reason for this is very simple, if you use option 3 in R4YSauto Ysmenu will constantly try to load itself because it also autoboots DEFAULT.NDS and the ini file option does not work.

This patch supports the following firmwares: R4, M3 Simply, R4 SDHC (1.24), N5 (1.26). All of these are tested and working.

If you want support for more R4 clones, send me the firmware and I will try to add a patch for them.

DOWNLOAD: http://villadelfia.bemaniso.ws/sharedshit/...rmwarepatch.rar

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks very nice! Will this also work with future versions, or only with the current one? Would this also be possible for the N5 (the software is modified a lot...)? And do you mind if I build it in R4YSauto and add you to the credits?
smile.gif

villadelfia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maikel Steneker said:
Looks very nice! Will this also work with future versions, or only with the current one? Would this also be possible for the N5 (the software is modified a lot...)? And do you mind if I build it in R4YSauto and add you to the credits?
smile.gif

You can use it yes. Also it might only work on the current version, but that's a moot point because only the SDHC updates anymore. It will work on future versions of that UNLESS the address of the DEFAULT.NDS string changes, which it probably won't because they only change stuff at the end of the file.

The newest N5 fw (1.27) has some weird encryption now. So i wouldn't know how to use it on that...

However, I can do it on the 1.26 firmware I think, give me a few minutes. As on the R4 and other, only the _DS_MENU.DAT needs to be patched, the _AX_MENU.DAT doesn't contain anything to do with the autobooting.

EDIT: First post updated

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it, can't you just rename ysmenu.nds (encrypted) to _DS_MENU.DAT ?

I don't see the difference between 'as a firmware' option and 'autoboot' from r4 menu, they both achieve exactly the same thing?

villadelfia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rasputin said:
I don't get it, can't you just rename ysmenu.nds (encrypted) to _DS_MENU.DAT ?

I don't see the difference between 'as a firmware' option and 'autoboot' from r4 menu, they both achieve exactly the same thing?

There are 2 good reasons for this:

1. the clones can't use an YSMenu.nds renamed to _DS_MENU.DAT as firmware.
2. some people with legit cards may want be able to boot into the normal firmware.
(Note: for the second reason there are other solutions such as renaming the original firmware to DEFAULT.NDS, but then the original would have the constant reloading problem)

nekokaburi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totally late to the topic, but my R4 for whatever reason has never supported themes or autobooting default.nds (trust me I tested thoroughly), and I was curious if you thought this patch would cure that problem (not both of course)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1