Tool/method to extract Wii U SNES VC sav file?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by dafatkid27, Dec 21, 2016.

1. dafatkid27
    OP

dafatkid27 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 17, 2004
    United States
    Hi all,

I have made some decent progress in Earthbound on the Wii U (legit from eShop) and am hoping to be able to extract the sav file from that and load it on the N3DS so I can continue on the go. Are there any means to do this yet? I tried searching around but couldn't find a solid answer.

Thanks in advance!

2. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    Saviine?

3. dafatkid27
    OP

dafatkid27 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 17, 2004
    United States
    I saw that, but am not seeing any mention of virtual console support (just one person in the thread asking about it). I've barely used any Wii U homebrew so I'm not sure what works with what.

4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Saviine or ftpiiu everywhere to extract the files, then apparently it's the same format as the n3ds snes vc, so you can probably just swap them in.

5. dafatkid27
    OP

dafatkid27 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 17, 2004
    United States
    Interesting! So after dumping the sav with Saviine, would you recommend injecting to the SNES VC on 3ds using JKSM or a different tool?

EDIT: Well, I was able to dump the Wii U save but injecting to the 3ds proved fruitless. I tried replacing the vea+ves+cfg files with the ones from the Wii U save, replacing only the vea file, and even attempting to copy over what looked like similar portions in the hex data. No dice. Hopefully someone smarter than me can come up with a better way - I've attached my Wii U and 3DS files from the respective virtual console save files in case anyone wants to compare them.

Attached Files:

Last edited by dafatkid27, Dec 21, 2016