Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

ndeadly

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's possible change color for a dual shock 4 connected using MissionControl? 😉😉😉
Mission Control now emulates the controller's onboard memory via a file on SD card. You could edit these files manually using a hex editor to change the stored controller colours (12 bytes at location 0x6050). In the future this will be editable via a GUI on the console.

ironduck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a L joy-con to change colors easily, but no matter how many times I try, my R joy-con will not work. The program opens up just fine, whenever I try to backup SPI I get a connection error saying that the controller is disconnected. Any helpful advice?

Imp_Uhrfik_Simone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...does anyone know of any Switch games that implement these UI color-values in-game? (...ie, the L/R wings of your plane or L/R sides of your armor correspond to the colors of the L/R Joy-Con you're playing with) ...now, I'm aware that Pokemon: Sword & Shield will match your in-game character's Joy-Con to your real-world Joy-Con ...but, just curious if any other game-developers take advantage of these values in other cool ways ...?

neogeoms

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I just got a pair of Disney Tsum Tsum Joy-Cons from eBay.

Here is HEX code from my one.
Disney Tsum Tsum Purple : 180 0 230 (#B400E6) / 0 30 30 (#001E1E)
Disney Tsum Tsum Pink : 255 50 120 (#FF3278) / 30 10 10 (#1E0A0A)

Sorry Guys. It may be changed its housings from Neon blue and Neon Red.

Last edited by neogeoms,

Manchuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but I'm having issues changing the grip colours on the Pro controller. No matter what colour I choose, it automatically defaults to the body colour. I can adjust the body and buttons no problem. The toolkit reflects the changed grip colours, but when the controller is synced and recognized by the Switch, the grip colours match with the selected body colour. Seems like this may be a bug in the software or this feature doesn't even work.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but I'm having issues changing the grip colours on the Pro controller. No matter what colour I choose, it automatically defaults to the body colour. I can adjust the body and buttons no problem. The toolkit reflects the changed grip colours, but when the controller is synced and recognized by the Switch, the grip colours match with the selected body colour. Seems like this may be a bug in the software or this feature doesn't even work.
Yea that bug was never fixed in the app

Manchuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I should've done a search first! Anyways, found the fix. This should have been stickied!

"A fix has finally been found for the Pro Controller color issue!
First, set your colors like you normally would.
Then, open "More..." and go to "Debug" to open "Debug: Custom Command".
Set the following:
Cmd: 01
Subcmd: 11
Then click on "HD Rumble Player". This is necessary to trick the program into allowing you to set the Subcmd to 11,
as it's normally disabled. Open "Debug: Custom Command" again
Subcmd arguments: 1B6000000102
Hit "Send" .You should get a Subcmd Reply starting with 80 11. You should be good to go then"

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's possible change color for a dual shock 4 connected using MissionControl? 😉😉😉
That will be a function on MissionControl, not this app. now on mission control the eprom of the controller is emulated on a file on the config section. read the mission control release page for instructions. but you will need to edit that file or use a homebrew to change the color of the paired and emulated pro controller.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...does anyone know of any Switch games that implement these UI color-values in-game? (...ie, the L/R wings of your plane or L/R sides of your armor correspond to the colors of the L/R Joy-Con you're playing with) ...now, I'm aware that Pokemon: Sword & Shield will match your in-game character's Joy-Con to your real-world Joy-Con ...but, just curious if any other game-developers take advantage of these values in other cool ways ...?
acnh gives you a message at start if you play with acnh joycons.

Reactions: Imp_Uhrfik_Simone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: